37 hours per week
Based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Salary is competitive (dependent upon experience)
Pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days) + Company Car
British Gymnastics is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, our fan base is growing, and our medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what’s been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and we are very proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
To be the Technical Coach for the Trampoline (TRA) Senior Men’s and Women’s World Class Programmes, working closely with the Head National Coach (HNC) in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of the Individual Athlete Development Plans (IAP) and the What it takes to Win (WITTW) strategy.
Working with the Junior Squad and Performance Pathway Squad staff to provide best practice, technical
and practical guidance to gymnasts, coaches and clubs in the development of an effective and sustainable Legacy for the TRA Performance Programmes.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with the HNC and Performance Support Staff, deliver the Trampoline Olympic Programme (TOP) Podium & Podium Potential Squad and Camp programm
- Attend the monthly TRA Performance meetings, ensuring all updated IAP information is updated with the key performance support staff present as appropriate
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with performance staff, science and medicine colleagues to provide an integrated service of support to TOP Podium & Podium Potential Squad gymnasts
- With the HNC – Technical and WITTW oversight of the Junior Squad & Performance Pathway Squad through close support and guidance to the Junior National Coaches & Performance Pathway Coaches and to critically monitor gymnast progress and development in the transition onto the TOP Squads
- Mentoring identified developing coaches at Junior level through providing expert advice and guidance at national squad activities and/or during HPC visits aligned to the WC programme
- Working as part of the TRA Technical Steering Group with OPM, HNC and NTC Chair, working closely with the Coach Education Department, the NTC Coach Development Sub-Committee and the British Gymnastics Performance Pathway Programme in developing more effective systems to identify and develop future elite coaching talent for TRA
- Using listening, interpersonal and pastoral care skills to deal with sensitive issues concerning gymnasts, providing appropriate support
- Full details can be found in the pdf Role Profile (125 KB)
To be effective in this role the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have in-depth understanding and knowledge of contemporary high performance coaching techniques and be ‘an expert’ within their relevant discipline/area of expertise
- Know the importance of sports science and medicine input, knowing appropriateness and timing of interventions
- Be able to create a performance focused environment, as well as a balanced programme for gymnasts
- Have good planning, interpersonal and IT skills (Microsoft Office, Dartfish, BGs Individual Athlete Planning tools etc.) to produce reports and manage own administration
- Have up-to-date knowledge of all relevant child protection policies, medical referral pathways operated by British Gymnastics, and other legal/relevant responsibilities
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Completed applications are to be returned by post to British Gymnastics, HR Department, Ford Hall, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9NB Tel: 0845 129 7 129 or Email: HR@british-gymnastics.org
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Thursday, 25th January 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Interviews will be held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.