British Gymnastics is the UK Governing Body for gymnastics. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what’s been achieved. This is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics and we are proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of our amazing sport.
The overall purpose of this role is to develop digital learning interventions using a variety of authoring tools to deliver engaging and agile content to our staff and club community; specifically, to scope, design, develop and test digital material for use within a broad range of courses.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Leading on the creation of high quality online learning content and working with Subject Matter Experts to define content.
• Collaborating with a range of internal departments as part of the production process.
• Developing course content and ensuring an engaging customer experience based on agreed business requirements.
• Building professional eLearning courses that will integrate with a Moodle Learning Management System and other virtual or mobile learning platforms, including: curriculum development, scripting content, editing/integrating interactive multimedia such as video clips or web casts, creating quizzes and assessments etc.
• Supporting the testing of content and courses in line with testing plans and making recommendations as appropriate.
• Working in conjunction with colleagues in Marketing & Communications to ensure corporate brand style and standards are applied.
• Selecting/using a variety of techniques for defining and sequencing instructional content/strategies.
• Planning the design and development of training programmes and courses, including selecting the appropriate delivery methods and content sources.
• Analysing and reviewing the latest industry trends to develop best practices and drive excellence.
• A sound knowledge and application of established eLearning methodologies (ISD, ADDIE); current research, theory and practice of instructional design, including ethical and legal issues; and web-based eLearning standards and specifications (SCORM, xAPI).
• Experience of technical writing, curriculum development, course design and evaluation methods within a virtual/eLearning environment.
• A good working knowledge of industry-standard eLearning development/authoring software tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and ideally After Effects, Storyline, Rise, Evolve or Adapt); relevant coding languages (e.g. Java, HTML5); and knowledge of mobile learning principles (HTML5, responsive web design).
• The ability to work to tight deadlines.
• The ability to provide guidance on/support the development of eLearning content and capabilities.
• Experience of developing learning programmes, identifying the best approach from a variety of intervention methods.
• Experience of applying sound quality assurance practices to ensure the learning product achieves the organisations goals.
• The ability to prioritise tasks and to work independently to ensure the learning interventions are aligned with the learning outcomes/assessment criteria.
• Use of own initiative when recommending course/content developments.
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.