National role predominately covering the London area
37 hours per week
Salary £16,500 to £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + 34 days annual leave (including Bank Holiday and Company Days) + contributory pension scheme.
We are looking for a Leisure Centre Gymnastics Delivery Coordinator to cover for 9 months maternity absence. The overall purpose of this role is to create relationships with Leisure Centre Gymnastics providers at site level and in line with the Participation Department Strategy. The role involves the holder to create site level action plans focusing on creating new opportunities, increasing participation and improving the quality of gymnastics delivery and drive the implementation of these plans, to increase the participation opportunities in Leisure Centres.
The role does not attract London Weighting because the successful candidate does not have to be living within the London area to do the role.The Role
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To create and drive site specific annual action plans, leading to increases in participation
- Conduct regular reviews to monitor and report on the plans against set outcomes
- Build strong, positive relationships with Leisure Providers and Site Managers at local levels, understanding their delivery needs and aspirations for gymnastics
- Use data and knowledge to forward plan when workshops and orientations should be held to make most effective use of Leisure Centre staff time
- Deliver product workshops designed to familiarise deliverers with British Gymnastics Products and the activities available to Leisure centres
- Work with site managers to create pathways within local communities into gymnastics
- Through directive from the Leisure Centre Gymnastics Partnership Manager, use Gymnastics as a foundation sport to create pathways into other sports or activities within local leisure centres
- The role holder will comply with good practice in relation to data protection, confidentiality and equality
- Further details about the role can be found pdf here (87 KB) .
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- A knowledge and understanding of Gymnastics in Leisure Centres and the management and delivery structure of Leisure Centres at site level
- Good communication skills, to establish meaningful business with various different stake holders. This will often require delivering presentations and workshops
- A sense of teamwork and responsibility towards achievement of the Participation Strategy and the contribution to the interventions delivered by the Leisure Centre Gymnastics Partnership Team
- The ability to both work with and influence providers to meet agreed outcomes
- Use initiative to analyse and resolve a range of problems and challenges
- A clean driving license and access to a car is essential
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
To apply for this post click Apply Now! to upload a Covering Letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role along we a copy of your CV.
Please note that your Covering Letter and CV will need to be upload as one document.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Tuesday 25th February 2020
Interview date: Thursday 5th March 2020
Interviews will be held at Lilleshall National Sports Centre