Salary range £16,500 to £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
We are proud to be the UK’s official governing body for gymnastics. We believe gymnastics has the power to amaze like no other sport and we strive to help every gymnast experience this by amazing themselves and others along the way. By working closely with our members and partners we aim to lead, support and inspire everyone in gymnastics to do amazing things.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Conducting in-depth research on industry-related topics in over to develop original content
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote product/services
- Proofreading content for errors and inconsistencies before publication and editing and polishing existing content to improve readability and engagement.
- Contributing to the creative team by writing and proofing video scripts, live event script reads and storyboards
- Develop content for social media, advertising campaigns and the company’s website.
- Identifying customers’ needs and recommending new content to address gaps in the company's current content.
- Collaborating with members of the Marketing Team and wider organisation to create new web pages with appropriate copy, imagery and media
- Further details about the role can be found pdf here (80 KB) .
- A degree or equivalent in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or similar
- Experience of creating copy and content creation across multiple platforms with a portfolio of published articles
- A meticulous eye for detail and excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present difficult and confusing subject matters in a logical and engaging way.
- An ability to maximise the use of available resources and produce high quality written copy and digital content that appeals to a broad range of gymnastics and non-gymnastics audiences.
- An understanding of web technologies and SEO techniques
- Experience and good knowledge of systems including SEP and keyword research tools; content management systems such as Contenful; Microsoft Office, Google Analytics
How to Apply
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Please note that your Covering Letter and CV will need to upload as one document.
Please note this is a key role for the team and early applications are encouraged because we may close the application process early so don’t miss out!