37 hours per week
Dual based working from home and Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Nr Newport, Shropshire
Salary range £25,000 to £34,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + 34 days annual leave (including Bank Holiday and Company days) + 2 wellbeing days a year + weekly exercise and wellbeing hours
We are the UK’s official governing body for gymnastics. We believe gymnastics has the power to amaze like no other sport and we strive to help every gymnast experience this, amazing themselves and others along the way. By working closely with our members and partners we aim to lead, support and inspire everyone in gymnastics to do amazing things.
We are looking for a back end developer to join our IT team to support the IT Developer Manager to deliver IT solutions and development projects for websites, web applications and systems; to improve the functionality and provide support to current applications and systems.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Working on both projects and support tickets, developing IT solutions across a range of systems and applications as designated
- Working with the IT Developer Manager, recommending technology solutions, content and design
- Working with the BA and department managers to understand and scope development requirements
- Develop and oversee testing schedules in client server environment, addressing all browsers and devices to ensure various devices display the desired content.
- Working with Agile and more specifically Scrum framework
- Supporting on-going functionality improvements and support evolving design, development and use of websites, web applications, mobile apps and internal systems, as required/designated; handling the work on a project-by-project basis.
- Supporting effective and appropriate maintenance and testing regimes on the servers
- Responding to allocated tickets, providing a timely and appropriate response to problems and issues across a broad range of IT systems
- pdf Click here (130 KB) for the Role Profile
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An active interest in back-end developments
- Good working knowledge of a range of current IT software maintenance and development skills (acquired through formal qualifications and experience of maintaining back-end) including but not limited to Java, PHP, Rest APIs, GraphAL, Spring Boot and automated test.
- Good interpersonal/customer service skills and project management skills for the successful contribution to and delivery or project-based work.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and more specifically Scrum framework to plan, prioritise and delivery tasks within the Sprint
- Ability to use own initiative when analysing, recommending and planning development to British Gymnastics websites, web applications and systems; for the development of new and innovated technologies; and for appropriate and effective resolution to problems and issues
How to apply
We value diversity of views and contributions and have a strong commitment to equality and inclusion. We aspire to have a workforce that is diverse and representative of all sections of society. We are particularly keen to receive applications from women, people with disabilities, people from ethnically diverse communities, people from the LQBTQ+ community because these groups are often under-represented within our workforce.
As part of our monitoring process we ask for your support in completing our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
To apply for this post click ‘Apply Now’ to uploaded your CV and Covering Letter. Your Covering Letter needs to detail how you meet the requirements of the role (as outlined in the Role Profile). Please note your Covering Letter and CV will need to be uploaded as one document.
This is considered a key role for the team therefore early applications are encouraged