British Gymnastics Apprenticeship Programme is back. Apply now to be part of it!
Following on from a successful pilot in 2016, in partnership with Bridgwater College, we're again able to offer this incredible opportunity for both clubs and individuals.
This year we are offering two pathways for individuals to choose between. The coaching pathway offers a Level 2 Activity Leadership qualification combined with a level 2 coaching qualification in general gymnastics and the club development pathway offers either a level 2 or level 3 in business administration. More information regarding these pathways can be found in the information pack, which can be downloaded below.
Clubs: If your club is looking to increase participation and capacity or needs assistance in coping with the current demands in our sport, then employing an apprentice might be just what you need. It may be that you need another qualified coach to help run classes, ongoing assistance with administrative tasks and future development of the club or support with managing the timetable of activities you currently have. With the hands on experience that you can give an apprentice, and the ongoing support both the club and the individual will receive from British Gymnastics, it could be the perfect partnership to create a positive impact at your club.
Basic Criteria your club will need to meet:
- Clubs will need to be affiliated to British Gymnastics and based in England
- You should be able to employ the apprentice for a minimum of 12 months including a minimum of 30 hours per week of which 20% should be devoted to off the job learning.
- Be able to pay the apprentice the relevant hourly pay in accordance with their age and national Minimum Wage or National Living Wage (whichever is appropriate).
- Provide appropriate opportunities in the work environment for learners to achieve their framework e.g. work shadowing, witness statements etc.
- Provide the apprentice with desk space
Individuals: Applications for the programme are now open. The course is delivered via online learning, meaning it can be completed anywhere in England, making it completely accessible for anyone, anywhere.
Minimum requirements to become an Apprentice:
- Be able to work a minimum of 30 contracted hours per week, for the duration of the Apprenticeship
- Have long term aspirations to fulfil a career in the gymnastics environment
- Fulfil the requirements of the Terms and Conditions of the Employer and the College
- Engage and attend all training activity provided by British Gymnastics
- Engage with College expectations including code of conduct
Course specific entry requirements will alter depending on the qualification chosen to study.
Applications for the 2017/2018 programme close on 7th May and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.