Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
CPD is the maintaining, updating and developing of knowledge, skills and experience in relation to your role.
British Gymnastics are committed to developing CPD opportunities for those involved in gymnastics at all levels to ensure the sports remains current, technically sound and safe to practice.
CPD can be both gymnastics and non- gymnastics specific. Some CPD can also be a requirement of the role whereas some CPD is additional information providing.
Examples of non-gymnastics specific CPD
- Coaches are required to maintain recognised safeguarding training. These course vary between face-to-face delivery and online learning.
- First aid training is a requirement for the club but isn’t a requirement for every role within the club. Although it is advisable for all coaches to have basic first aid knowledge and skills.
- Workshops to help improve the confidence within aspects of the role; such as the sports coach UK’s Planning and Periodisation workshop.
Examples of gymnastics specific CPD
- Add-on Modules to allow you to cater for a wider range of users. These include; the Disability Gymnastics, Freestyle Gymnastics and Cheerleading Add-on Modules.
- Level 3 Technical Modules are discipline specific modules which can be attended by Level 2 or above coaches that wish to progress or refresh their skills and knowledge on particular technical skills.
- Gymnastics for All (GfA) Add-on Modules are specifically designed CPD to assist in adding breadth to gymnastics programmes within all gymnastics environments. The can be attend by Level 1 and above coaches. For more information click here.
To explore the wide range of courses and CPD opportunities see our Explore our Courses page.