The UK is a great place to coach, as a result we get requests on a regular basis to validate and recognise awards gained from overseas authorities. We operate a system of conversion and mapping of overseas awards to UK standards. In order to do this you will need to provide the following documents and details:
- Full contact details, name, date of birth and address.
- Copies of certificates and awards (translated into English by an official translator where necessary).
- A curriculum vitae listing all relevant coaching experience.
- Detail of which discipline(s) seeking accreditation
- A list of specific gymnastics skills that you have coached as part of your coaching career.
- A summary of the content of your diploma and/or coaching course including the result of the qualification where applicable.
- Two separate letters of support showing your suitability to work with young children and vulnerable adults; dated and with contact details.
- If you have lived in the UK for less than 6 months then please provide a Police Check or DBS (Disclosure Barring System) equivalent from your home country.
Please note British Gymnastics requires all coaches to complete a Disclosure Barring System (DBS) application, however this can only be applied for once someone has lived in the UK for 6 months. Should you wish to coach during this time we will need evidence of a Police Check or DBS equivalent from your home country. This will be held against your account for 7 months, allowing you one month to apply for a DBS whilst still coaching. Should you not be able to provide such documentation then you will not be allowed to coach independently until you have a DBS accepted and must be directly supervised by another coach who holds the relevant qualifications.
Please note all British Gymnastics registered coaches must also complete a UK Coaching safeguarding and protecting children course and this can be completed at any point. For more information and to enrol on the course please go to www.ukcoaching.org
The fee is £50 payable in advance. The fee is payable regardless of the outcome of the process.
Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and to arrange payment.