Places Gymnastics is an exciting new venture looking to recruit a dynamic Gymnastics Manager with a focus on increasing participation in recreational gymnastics within the Elmbridge Borough, in addition to inspiring, motivating and mentoring the facilities enthusiastic gymnasts and coaches.
We are ideally looking for a British Gymnastics Level 2 Pre School and General Gymnastics qualified individual although those with alternative qualification may be considered. This is a full-time post to include approximately 20 hours of management and 20 hours of gymnastics delivery (or a mix to be agreed depending on the needs of this facility).
The Gymnastics Manager is responsible to the General Manager of Xcel Leisure Complex. However on a day to day basis s/he is responsible for all gymnastics related activities involving relevant site Heads of Department and Places for People Leisure’s Sports Manager where appropriate.
• Lead in the process of launching and developing Places Gymnastics Xcel
• Orchestrating the whole gymnastics coaching programme for XPG (in conjunction with the General Manager). This will include up to 20 hours of coaching.
• To have commercial responsibility for the XPG working alongside the Genera, Contract and Sports Managers. This will include:
o Set budgets
o Maximising income
o Minimise expenditure
• Monitor key KPIs and develop innovative programming to ensure maximum usage/profitability.
• To instruct and motivate pupils and provide a high level of coaching to all abilities and develop all participants to their full potential.
• Management of XPG including coach recruitment, participant bookings and payments, lesson planning and marketing planning.
• Organising internal, recreational gymnastics competitions, displays and events.
• Teaching Gymnastics/ Trampolining at XPG. This includes responsibility for developing written lesson plans and preparation; record-keeping; the regular production of assessments and reports in accordance with Centre policies.
• To ensure all coaches are aware of their duties and have been provided with the most appropriate materials (i.e. lesson plans) in order to carry out their role successfully.
• Training, mentoring and motivating coaches as appropriate.
• To ensure Club rules and regulations for coaches, participants and parents are strictly adhered to and promoted by coaches at all times.
• To ensure that timekeeping, appearance and overall personal standards are of a high standard at all times.
• To provide a professional, inclusive and high quality service to all participants (and, where applicable, their parents)
• To ensure all coaches attend/ form part of continuous CPD opportunities and are kept up to date with British Gymnastics development and technical priorities
• To ensure you and all coaches attend relevant Safety Training as required
Administration – oversee the following:
• BG Coach memberships
• Gymnastics development plan
• Budget preparation and financial management
• Group registers and numbers
• Arrange staff timetables and manage annual leave
• Pupil development reports utilising the OnCourse system (where appropriate)
• Staff education and development training
A competitive salary package is available in addition to a staff benefit scheme.
Health and Safety:
As a senior member of staff, you will be responsible for the safety and welfare of any staff under your direct control, and you must therefore have knowledge of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and relevant instructions to your area of work. Any matter which you consider requires attention in this respect is your responsibility to report following the correct procedures, or to the Health and Safety Manager. Copies of the current Health & Safety Policy and Safety Procedures are available in the Centre.
This is not intended to be a full definition of duties and staff will be expected to assist in such other duties as may be allocated. This job description is subject to variation as the needs of the Centre and the Company may require.
For more information and how to apply please contact Nikki La Niece-Linton on 07765457878 or email@example.com