Salary is subject to experience and qualifications
South Essex Gymnastics Club is seeking to recruit an Assistant Head of Gym-School Coach to join the management team within the Club. The appointed person will be responsible for coaching and over seeing general and advanced recreational classes across a variety of activities that the club offers. This particular role will be working closely with the Gym-School Head Coaches. There may be an opportunity to work in other areas of the gym such as Mens or Womens Artistic or Rhythmic gymnastics, alongside the recreational programme depending on the candidates background and desire.
The post is offered on a full time or part time basis. The position will be 5 weekday evenings. Pay will depend on the applicant’s current qualification and experience between £20k - £25k.
Applicants should be of Level 2 UKCC or above (essential) and have previous experience coaching gymnastics in a club, school or local authority setting. A high level of enthusiasm and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential.
The post will be based within South Essex Gymnastics Club in Basildon and The Eversley Centre in Pitsea. Travel and work within other clubs/venues may also be required. The candidate must be flexible as from time to time the contracted hours may need to be adjusted to assist in a Club event or attend competition.
• The successful candidate must hold at least a Level 2 BG Coaching Award.
• The successful candidate should be able to manage/ coach a group of gymnasts, whilst being able to take direction from their respective Head Coaches/ Director of Coaching.
• The successful applicant will need to be available to coach both during the week and at weekends.
• The successful candidate must be creative and passionate and able to work with young children. A current DBS check will be required.
• The successful candidate must show that they can work with a team of people, sharing ideas and taking action on agreed tasks.
• The successful candidate must be prepared to assist with events that may take place at SEGC, or at other venues, that may possibly not be in their regular working hours. This may include Club displays and competitions.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV in to the Recreational Manager, South Essex GC, Basildon Sporting Village, Gloucester Park North, Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3GR or email [email protected].
Closing Date - 31st July 2019
Successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview with a Trustee, the Assistant Director of Coaching and another Head Coach / Trustee soon after that date.