High Performance Centre
The Gymnasium, Guildford Road, Surrey KT22 9BL
Registration Charity No 284928
Leatherhead & Dorking Gymnastics Club wish to appoint a Director of Coaching.
The club comprises some 1500 gymnastics members and has a coaching / administrative staff of about 45. The facility is a designated centre of gymnastics excellence. The current facility comprises three purpose built gymnastics halls with planning permission for a further hall and sensory room due to be commenced in October 2019.
The Candidate will be a member of the Directors and Management Team reporting to the Club Directors and will be an ex officio member of the club committee which meet bi –monthly working closely with the Operations Director and Club Directors.
- Minimum BG Level 3/4 (WAG) and/or additional high level coaching qualifications. The candidate must be able to demonstrate high level knowledge of artistic coaching, in particular WAG, good planning, monitoring and session/competition programme skills.
- Computer skills are essential in order to produce excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentations.
- The candidate will hold recognised DBS, First Aid Certificate and driving licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Club Directors, attending management and committee meetings. Preparing reports for committee meetings and the Club AGM.
- Management of the WAG, MAG, Team Gym, GfA, Pre-school and Disabilities Teams and Discipline Heads and be committed to ongoing personal and coaches team development.
- To mentor with the discipline heads coaches to enhance their knowledge and assist CPD. To undertake staff appraisals and organise clinics and workshops as necessary.
- To coach squad gymnasts, in particular WAG alongside Head of WAG to achieve the highest possible levels, to identify new squad members and to organise with Heads of discipline gymnast trials.
- To maintain squad records and to manage with the Operations Directors budget control of the squads.
- Maintaining an annual competition schedule for all disciplines and produce a monthly report of all competition results to be presented at committee meetings.
- The Director of Coaching will be responsible for supporting HoDs with producing relevant training programmes competition plans at all levels in the respective disciplines. Reporting health, injury and treatment to the Directors and operations Director.
- Organise the required information for the logistics team for the administration of the club for competition entries, travel arrangements to local and international events, including Regionals and National training, clothing etc.
- To provide all necessary quarterly changes to the Squads gymnasts programmes as agreed with the HoD’s and provide all required information to the administration team who will communicate and invoice parents accordingly.
- Ongoing health and safety checks of the gymnastics equipment’s and report any issues to appointed maintenance person.
- To monitor the squad coaches trial requests forms and to discuss details of proposed squad changes with HoD’s to be presented for discussion at Directors meeting prior to approval.
- The Director of Coaching will maintain good communications with HODs, gymnast’s parents and the National Governing Body as required.
The Director of Coaching will arrange regular HoD meetings which shall include:
- A competitions and results schedule
- To manage squad changes ensuring required communication to parents.
- Assist with in-house competitions and displays across the disciplines as required by HoDs.
Remuneration and Benefits’:
- The appointment will require between 35-40 hours per week.
- Salary will be by negotiation depending upon experience and will be subject to review.
- The club has a contributory pension scheme with NEST.
- Paid Holiday entitlement.
We recommend that you can visit the club website: www.leatherhead-gymnastics.org.uk.
We welcome your application.
Please send in your C.V. and letter of application to: [email protected] marked Confidential – Job Application for the attention of Margaret Miler and Paul Garber Directors.