Permanent: Term Time only, Thursday 8.30pm-10pm
Salary: £15 p/hour
UCL Gymnastics Club is hiring an experienced Trampolining Sports Coach to run recreational training sessions. You will provide sessions for groups of university students aged 18 and above, whereby most of the students are likely to be beginners at the sport.
The role will be to provide safe and enjoyable trampoline trainings to participants. You should be able to develop interesting and varied coaching programmes. You'll need to be able to maintain an accurate register of participants and records of sessions and candidate progress. Skills in planning Trampoline lesson plans to ensure continuity, cohesion and progression will be required.
Your coaching style should be friendly and inclusive so that participants can really enjoy the learning experience with adherence to the British Gymnastics safety guidelines to ensure injury free sessions.
As the Trampoline instructor you will make sure equipment is set up safely and in accordance with best practice guidelines.
• To plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions
• Setting up and taking down of equipment
• Implement appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe, effective, child friendly environment at all sessions.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of those attending sessions and to ensure that these are regularly passed on to the Clubâ?Ts coordinator.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Minimum level 2 sports coaching qualification
• First aid (Desirable)
• Previous experience of coaching a variety of different age groups and abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Flexibility to adapt teaching methods for different ages and abilities
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV by 30th September 2019 to [email protected].
Successful applicants will be shortlisted for a Skype interview.