Job Title: Level 1 Assistant Gymnastics Coach
Salary: To be discussed at interview (Depending on experience and qualifications)
Reporting to: Rabin Beeloo – Head Coach
Location: Chelmsford Gymnastics Club
Position: Casual hours from Monday to Saturday times ranging from 4-8pm (Weekdays) 9-2pm (Weekends) depending on groups available. This will be determined within the interview process.
• To have up-to-date knowledge of all Safeguarding and Welfare procedures related to children and young people
• To have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• To be Level 1 qualified (Minimum Core Proficiency) Gymnastics Coach
• To possess the knowledge and ability to coach and supervise all aspects of gymnastics for gymnasts aged 4-18
• To have a good general knowledge of the different pathways available within the sport
• To have the flexibility to accommodate and adapt a range of different programmes to meet the needs of gymnasts
• To have the availability to coach week and weekend classes throughout the year
• To be able to plan and coach gymnastics programs under the direction of the Head Coach
• To have competent organisational, administrative and computer literacy skills required to fulfil the role
• Teach any and all recreational groups through all rotations that are considered safe by current standards.
• Teaching students the skills relevant to your qualification as a level 1 coach (see BG guidelines).
• Explain and demonstrate age appropriate gymnastics skills.
• Observe and assist participants in acquiring new skills.
• Provide lesson plans demonstrating progression of your students.
• Set up and tidy away equipment specific to each class.
• Check equipment and gym environment regularly to ensure a safe environment for participants & report any problems to the Head Coach
• Update Admin Team, Head Coach and Welfare Team of any issues relating to students
• Report accidents and injuries that occur during class to the Head coach
• Ensure first aid is administered
• Inform and update parents and carers of programs, policies and information
• Inform and update parents and carers of their child’s progress and behaviour
• Assist gymnastics supervisor by providing input for classes
• Take responsibility for own continued professional development by attending meetings, training, clinics, conferences and courses
• To ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information regarding the club, staff and participants at all times, adhering to GDPR
• To adhere to all British Gymnastics policies as well as policies and procedures specific to Chelmsford Gymnastics Club
• To undertake any other duties specific to the role as directed by the Head Coach
Required Training and Qualifications
• CPR and First-Aid Certification, or have the ability to obtain within six-months (6) of employment.
• BG Level 1 in General/Womens/Mens Gymnastics with the desire to work towards a level 2 in the future.
Interested? Please contact [email protected] for more information.