Orchard Gymnastics operate from a permanent facility based in Yeovil, South Somerset. The club has a membership of 1000 and offers classes in pre-school, general gymnastics, freestyle, tumbling & team gym.
Formed 11 years ago the club has won numerous awards including British Gymnastics Club of the Year, SWAGA Club of the Year and County and District Sports Clubs of the Year. Competition squads enjoy continued success at regional, zonal and national levels.
The club are looking to appoint a ‘Head of General Gymnastics’ to lead and further develop the club’s general gymnastics and schools programmes. The position will suit an enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated individual with a passion for general gymnastics. The successful applicant will form part of the clubs’ management team and be involved in the future development of this highly successful club.
Overall responsibility for club’s general gymnastics programme to include:
• Yearly and sessional planning
• Coaching of sessions
• Manage coaching team and oversee effective delivery of programme
• Manage gymnasts badge reward system
• Organise annual club competitions
• Interact with customers
• Work with local schools
• Contribute as part of clubs’ management team
• Have a passion for general gymnastics
• Well organised and motivated
• Leadership qualities
• Strong communication skills
• Able to work as part of a team
• Be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the role
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum BG level 2 in WA/MA or L3 in GG
• Current DBS
• BG Safeguarding training
• Experience in coaching General Gymnastics
• Preferred experience in managing others and liaising with schools.
Starting salary from £22k to £25k dependent on qualification and experience + work place pension + CPD opportunities. This is a full time position with evening and weekend work.
Covering letter and C.V to Barry Phelan, Orchard Gymnastics, Unit 4 33 Oxford Rd, Pen Mill Trading Estate, Yeovil BA21 5HR or [email protected].