|Non BG member||£100|
|Day 1 | Theory||12 Jan 2019||Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Ford Hall, Lilleshall, Newport, TF10 9AT (Get Directions)||10:00 - 21:00|
|Day 2 | Theory||13 Jan 2019||Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Ford Hall, Lilleshall, Newport, TF10 9AT (Get Directions)||08:30 - 16:00|
Mens Artistic Performance Pathway Symposium.
Please note, this enrolment package does not include your accommodation at Lilleshall National Sports Centre. If you wish your accommodation to be booked for you, please enrol via course number: 19BG00MA23601
Theme – Supporting a Developing Gymnast: A Coach’s Tool Kit
This inspirational two day event is packed full of essential information to enable you to build your knowledge, maximise your development and learn skills to help you become the best coach you can be. You will be joined by coaches of all levels from all over the country, alongside the National Coaches, Technical Committee and guest speakers. If you’re looking to improve your coaching skills and pick up some fresh training ideas, this is not a weekend to be missed!
• Exploring athlete health and how coaches can use sports science to interact with gymnasts to maximise training and reduce injuries.
• Workshops and practical sessions from leading industry experts around strength and conditioning, nutrition and psychology.
• Overview of current judging trends, focused on the importance of execution scores.
• Evening coach networking event
• A three course evening meal followed by a short talk from Bobby Crutchley, former GB Men’s Hockey Coach and current Coach developer for British Gymnastics.
• Understand the latest generation of gymnasts and those around them.
• Who is the modern athlete and how do we best identify and interact with them?
• How social media positively and negatively influences your gymnasts, and how this can be managed.
• What makes this generation differ from others and how does this impact our work with them?
• How to maximise the network around a gymnast to stimulate their development, with a focus on sporting parents.
Guest speakers include:
• Paul Hall, Newly appointed National Coach for MAG.
• Andy Tombs, Current Chair of the Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Technical Committee and member of the FIG Men’s Technical Committee.
• James May, Men's TC National Coaching Coordinator
• Gheorge Predescu, A vastly experienced performance coach for Men and Women’s artistic gymnastics.
• Louise Fawcett, Head of Performance Support for British Gymnastics at the English Institute of Sport.
• Changing Minds, an organisation applying psychological knowledge and theory in a number of Olympic sports.
• Dr. Camilla Knight, founder of www.sportparent.eu and expert in how to engage with parents.
• Chris Low, Senior Lecturer in Sports Coaching at Leeds Beckett University.
We will also be communicating the new British Gymnastics Performance Pathway structure including selections, expectations and how to progress.
Enrolment for this course date is now closed. You can enrol on another date for this course.Find alternative date
Please read our terms and conditions which includes vital information about this particular course and
Terms & Conditions
Course reference: 19BG00MA23602