|Non BG member||£50|
|Day 1 | Theory||13 Jan 2019||Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Ford Hall, Lilleshall, Newport, TF10 9AT (Get Directions)||08:30 - 16:00|
Mens Artistic Performance Pathway Symposium.
Please note, this enrolment package is for Sunday 13th January only.
Theme – Supporting a Developing Gymnast: A Coach’s Tool Kit
The day will be packed full of essential information to enable you to build your knowledge, maximise your development and learn skills to help you become the best coach you can be. You will be joined by coaches of all levels from all over the country, alongside the National Coaches, Technical Committee and guest speakers. If you’re looking to improve your coaching skills and pick up some fresh training ideas, this is not a weekend to be missed!
• Understand the latest generation of gymnasts and those around them.
• Who is the modern athlete and how do we best identify and interact with them?
• How social media positively and negatively influences your gymnasts, and how this can be managed.
• What makes this generation differ from others and how does this impact our work with them?
• How to maximise the network around a gymnast to stimulate their development, with a focus on sporting parents.
Guest speakers include:
• Dr. Camilla Knight, founder of www.sportparent.eu and expert in how to engage with parents.
• Dr. John Alder, the new interim Head of Performance Pathways for UK Sport, delivering Social Media and Generation Z
We will also be communicating the new British Gymnastics Performance Pathway structure including selections, expectations and how to progress.
Enrolment for this course date is now closed. You can enrol on another date for this course.Find alternative date
Please read our terms and conditions which includes vital information about this particular course and
Terms & Conditions
Course reference: 19BG00MA23604