Tutor-led sessions (virtual or face to face), online activities and post-course mentored supporting activities:
Virtual course delivery structure:
Session 1 – 4 hours
Session 2 – 3-4 hours
Session 3 – 3-4 hours
Session 4 – 3-4 hours
Session 5 – Virtual assessment and professional discussion (Logbook and practical video to be submitted 2 weeks before the professional discussion)
Please note to join the course you must do so on a laptop or computer. Unfortunately, mobile devices do not support the platform functionality and you will not be able to fully engage with the course. If a mobile device is your only option, please contact your course organiser as this will affect your ability to take part in the online course.
Face to face delivery structure:
Session 1 – 8 hours
Session 2 – 8 hours
Session 3 – Practical assessment and professional discussion
|BG Silver member
|Non BG Silver member
Number of days
Course dates and times
The following dates and times are for this course.
|Day 1 | Practical||17 Oct 2022 - Mon||Hamilton GC, Unit 10, Third Road, Blantyre Industrial Estate, Glasgow, G72 0UP (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 2 | Practical||18 Oct 2022 - Tue||Hamilton GC, Unit 10, Third Road, Blantyre Industrial Estate, Glasgow, G72 0UP (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 3 | Exam||08 Nov 2022 - Tue||Hamilton GC, Unit 10, Third Road, Blantyre Industrial Estate, Glasgow, G72 0UP (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
Enrolment closing date
Further help and information
You can find out more about the course including outcomes, syllabus, skills and the pre-requisites, by
going to our Online
For enquires about the course please contact the organiser of this course:
Name: Scottish Gymnastics
Send an email
Things to note
THIS COURSE IS DELIVERED IN A PRACTICAL ENVIRONMENT, NOT ONLINE
1. You must be able to bring the required number of demonstrators of the relevant standard for the course and assessment. Level 1 courses require demonstrators on day 1 and 2 of their course and level 2 requires demonstrators on day 2, 3 and 4 of their course.
2. To access the lower course fee please ensure you have the correct level of membership, this can be upgraded during the enrolment process. (Silver membership for Level 1 courses and Gold membership for Level 2 courses)
3. If you intend to coach within a Scottish Gymnastics registered club, it is a mandatory requirement for you to attend a Safeguarding course and access a PVG through Scottish Gymnastics. This must be completed before your attendance on the Level 1 course. More information on safeguarding courses can be found at: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/education-find-course
4. You must locate a Mentor Coach to work with who has a coaching qualification one level higher in this discipline.
5. Please read the SG Terms and Conditions and payment policy. You are agreeing to the both the terms and conditions and payment policy by enrolling on to the course: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/education/coaching-policies-procedures
6. Please note by signing up to this course, you are opting into our education activity, accepting the risks of taking part in a course at this time and agreeing to adhere to all Covid-19 risk mitigation. Please ensure you read ALL guidance before signing up to the course (https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/education/coaching-policies-procedures)
7. You must be able to bring the required number of demonstrators of the relevant standard for the course and assessment. Level 1 courses require demonstrators on day 1 and 2 of their course and level 2 requires demonstrators on day 2, 3 and 4 of their course.
8. This is a blended learning course which means there is a mix of tutor led practical days, online activities and self-directed study. There will be online work to complete in the month prior to the first course date. You will have access to the BG Academy, our online learning centre where you will find skills videos, coaching tips and advice to help you through the course. With this in mind, please ensure you have an up-to-date email address when you apply for a course place, as all course communications will be emailed to you.
Ready to book?
Enrolment for this course date is now closed. You can enrol on another date for this course.
Find alternative date
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions which includes vital information about this particular course and
Terms & Conditions
Course reference: 22BG01G29402