Tutor-led sessions (virtual or face to face), online activities and post-course mentored supporting activities:
Virtual course delivery structure:
Session 1 – 4 hours
Session 2 – 3-4 hours
Session 3 – 3-4 hours
Session 4 – 3-4 hours
Session 5 – Virtual assessment and professional discussion (Logbook and practical video to be submitted 2 weeks before the professional discussion)
Please note to join the course you must do so on a laptop or computer. Unfortunately, mobile devices do not support the platform functionality and you will not be able to fully engage with the course. If a mobile device is your only option, please contact your course organiser as this will affect your ability to take part in the online course.
Face to face delivery structure:
Session 1 – 8 hours
Session 2 – 8 hours
Session 3 – Practical assessment and professional discussion
|BG Silver member
|Non BG Silver member
Number of days
Course dates and times
The following dates and times are for this course.
|Day 1 | Course||03 Jun 2023 - Sat||Palace of Arts, Paisley Road West , Glasgow, G52 1EQ (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 2 | Course||04 Jun 2023 - Sun||Palace of Arts, Paisley Road West , Glasgow, G52 1EQ (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 3 | Exam||10 Sep 2023 - Sun||Palace of Arts, Paisley Road West , Glasgow, G52 1EQ (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
Enrolment closing date
Further help and information
You can find out more about the course including outcomes, syllabus, skills and the pre-requisites, by
going to our Online
For enquires about the course please contact the organiser of this course:
Name: Scottish Gymnastics
Send an email
Things to note
This course is delivered face to face at the location advertised, not online.
1. This is a blended learning course which means there is a mix of tutor led practical days, online activities and self-directed study. There will be Elearning to complete in the month prior to the course start date. You will have access to this in your Academy, where you will find skills videos, coaching tips and advice to help you through the course. With this in mind, please ensure you are not linked with a parent account and you have an up-to-date email address when you enrol onto the course, as all course communications will be emailed to you.
2. You must be able to bring two or three demonstrators of the relevant standard for the course and assessment. Level 1 courses require demonstrators on day 1 and 2 of their course and level 2 requires demonstrators on day 2, 3 and 4 of their course.
3. You must be available to attend all course and assessment dates advertised prior to enrolling. You must attend the assessment date/s advertised, except where exceptional circumstance have been agreed. Changes to any dates, where possible, will incur a fee as per the payment policy. If you are not able to attend any of the dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking.
4. To access the lower member course fee you must be a member of a Scottish Gymnastics registered club and have the correct level of membership, this can be upgraded during the enrolment process. Level 1 requires silver membership and level 2 requires gold membership.
5. Coaching within a Scottish Gymnastics registered club? You must have SG & BG membership, a PVG record linked to Scottish Gymnastics and have a current Scottish Gymnastics Wellbeing and Protection award before working with children within the gym.
Need to book on a Wellbeing and Protection course? You can do this here - https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/safeguarding-find-course
6. You must locate a mentor coach to work with who has a coaching qualification one level higher in this discipline.
7. The registration period for a level 1 course is one year from the course start date, and level 2 is two years. It is your responsibility to ensure you have complete your elearning, logbook and your assessment within this period.
8. Please read the Scottish Gymnastics Terms and Conditions and payment policy. You are agreeing to the both the terms and conditions and payment policy by enrolling on to the course: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/education/coaching-policies-procedures
8. Find out more if you are eligible to apply for sportscotland coach education subsidy here: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/education/find-course/course-costs-payment-info-sportscotland-coach-education-subsidy
9. The Scottish Gymnastics Level 1 and Level 2 courses are awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority. On completion of the course level 1 you will receive the Sports Coaching Award SCQF Level 5, and for level 2 you will receive Sports Coaching Award SCQF Level 6.
Ready to book?
Enrolment for this course date is now closed. You can enrol on another date for this course.
Find alternative date
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions which includes vital information about this particular course and
Terms & Conditions
Course reference: 23BG01G30986