Tutor-led sessions (virtual or face to face), online activities and post-course mentored supporting activities:
Virtual course delivery structure:
Session 1 – 4 hours
Session 2 – 3-4 hours
Session 3 – 3-4 hours
Session 4 – 3-4 hours
Session 5 – Virtual assessment and professional discussion (Logbook and practical video to be submitted 2 weeks before the professional discussion)
Please note to join the course you must do so on a laptop or computer. Unfortunately, mobile devices do not support the platform functionality and you will not be able to fully engage with the course. If a mobile device is your only option, please contact your course organiser as this will affect your ability to take part in the online course.
Face to face delivery structure:
Session 1 – 8 hours
Session 2 – 8 hours
Session 3 – Practical assessment and professional discussion
|BG Silver member
|Non BG Silver member
Number of days
Course dates and times
The following dates and times are for this course.
|Day 1 | Practical||28 Oct 2023 - Sat||Lasswade High School, Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2LA (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 2 | Practical||04 Nov 2023 - Sat||Lasswade High School, Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2LA (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
|Day 3 | Exam||30 Mar 2024 - Sat||Lasswade High School, Eskdale Drive, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2LA (Get Directions)||09:00 - 17:00|
Enrolment closing date
Further help and information
You can find out more about the course including outcomes, syllabus, skills and the pre-requisites, by
going to our Online
For enquires about the course please contact the organiser of this course:
Name: Scottish Gymnastics
Send an email
Things to note
This course is delivered face to face at the location advertised, not online.
You will find out more information about the course structure and requirements on our website: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/people/coaching-instructing/formal-courses/
1. You must be available to attend all course and assessment dates advertised. Only under exceptional circumstance can you reschedule your assessment or you will incur a fee as per the payment policy. If you are not able to attend any of the dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.
2. Please ensure you are not linked with a parent account and you have an up-to-date email address when you enrol onto the course, as all course communications will be emailed to you.
3. You must bring two or three gymnast demonstrators (three or four for Acro) on both days of your course and to your assessment.
4. If you are coaching within a Scottish Gymnastics member club, you must have SG & BG membership, a PVG record with Scottish Gymnastics and have a current Scottish Gymnastics Wellbeing and Protection award before working with children within the gym.
5. You must locate a mentor coach to work with who has a coaching qualification one level higher in this discipline.
6. The registration period for a level 1 course is one year from the course start date. It is your responsibility to ensure you have completed your course, elearning, logbook and your assessment within this period.
7. You are agreeing to the both the Scottish Gymnastics Education terms and conditions and payment policy by enrolling on to the course: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/policies/education/
8. Find out more if you are eligible to apply for sportscotland coach education subsidy here: https://www.scottishgymnastics.org/people/coaching-instructing/coach-education-subsidy/
9. The Scottish Gymnastics Level 1 courses are awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority. On completion of the course level 1 you will receive the Sports Coaching Award SCQF Level 5.
Ready to book?
Enrolment for this course date is now closed. You can enrol on another date for this course.
Find alternative date
Terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions which includes vital information about this particular course and
Terms & Conditions
Course reference: 23BG01MA31703