Who is this Aimed at:
Senior Club coaches (or equivalent) coaches who are supporting gymnasts working towards more advanced international competitions.
What To Expect:
This course is a practical and theoretical course. It focuses on the technical aspects of the syllabus skills, how to support progress and how to physically prepare participants for the skills covered within the syllabus. It also explores the underpinning scientific theories and concepts which can be applied to the gymnast’s training and competition environment.
The course is delivered by multiple sessions in both the classroom and gym.
The number of course days will vary from course to course; see application stage and course page for further details.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
You should be able to bring at least one gymnast who (as a minimum) is working towards the skills in the syllabus.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
A formal mentor is not required however we suggest you have a network of people who you can learn from as good practice in your Continued Professional Development.
What Resources Are Included:
You will receive Common Core and Sport Specific resource packs, and a Logbook.
This can be found on the specific course page when you move to enrolment.
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- Technical skills from the syllabus
- The discipline’s competition structure and the requirements involved at various competitive levels
- Different Strength and Conditioning concepts relevant to the age and stage of maturation a gymnast goes through
- Practical Strength and Conditioning strategies
- The prevention and management of injuries
- The coaching process, and how to be an effective coach in a Performance setting
- Application of key sport psychology strategies to holistically support your gymnasts
- Nutritional advice for gymnasts
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible