Who is this Aimed at:
Those that wish to support their club by becoming a welfare officer. Head coaches may attend the course for information purposes but are not allowed to be the welfare officer.
Learners must be at least 18 years old on the day of the course.
What To Expect:
An informative course around the roles and responsibilities of a welfare officer and all those involved within their work.
Three hours- classroom based.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
No participants are required.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
No mentor is required for this course.
What Resources Are Included:
Course specific resource pack and cd rom.
£40 for British Gymnastics members (£80 non BG members)
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define their role as club welfare officer (CWO)
- Describe how their role will work in practice
- Familiarise themselves with British Gymnastics safeguarding policy, procedures and good practice guidelines
- Describe the elements of legislation and government guidance that are relevant to their role
- Identify the specific roles and responsibilities of statutory agencies, including local safeguarding children boards
- Demonstrate how they will relate to statutory agencies and BG in individual cases of actual or suspected child abuse
There is no formal assessment for this course.
How Long Until I Am Fully Qualified:
Certificate of attendance will be issued at the end of the course.
When Is My Assessment:
Not applicable to this course.