Who is this Aimed at:
This course is aimed at 16-17 year old coaches who are already qualified, or working towards a UKCC Level 1 Gymnastics Coaching Award.
What To Expect:
An informative course around why safeguarding and child protection are so important within sport and how you can contribute.
40 mins – online based.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
No participants are required.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
No mentor is required for this course.
What Resources Are Included:
£5 for British Gymnastics member (£10 for non BG member).
By the end of the course the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic awareness of key safeguarding principles and good practice
- Explain everyone’s roles and responsibilities for safeguarding children within gymnastics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which children can be harmed
- Recognise possible indicators that a child may be experiencing harm
- Identify and respond appropriately to a concern
- Understand how to protect yourself as a coach
On course assessment, including ten questions testing your knowledge.
How Long Until I Am Fully Qualified:
On completion of the online course.
The award will be valid for 3 years if you complete the course before your 18th birthday and remain at level 1. Safeguarding training must be upgraded to the Safeguarding Child Protection course when you qualify as a level 2 coach.
When Is My Assessment:
At the end of the online course.