Who is this Aimed at:
Level 3 (or equivalent) coaches who are supporting gymnasts working towards more advanced competitions.
What To Expect:
This course is a practical and theoretical course. It focuses on the technical aspects of the syllabus skills, how to support progress and how to physically prepare participants for the skills covered within the syllabus. It also explores the underpinning scientific theories and concepts which can be applied to the gymnast’s training and competition environment.
The course is delivered by multiple sessions in both the classroom and gym.
The number of course days will vary from course to course; see application stage and course page for further details.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
You should be able to bring at least one gymnast who (as a minimum) is working towards the skills in the syllabus.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
A formal mentor is not required however we suggest you have a network of people who you can learn from as good practice in your Continued Professional Development.
What Resources Are Included:
You will receive Common Core and Sport Specific resource packs, and a Logbook.
This can be found on the specific course page when you move to enrolment.
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- Technical skills from the syllabus
- The discipline’s competition structure and the requirements involved at various competitive levels
- Different Strength and Conditioning concepts relevant to the age and stage of maturation a gymnast goes through
- Practical Strength and Conditioning strategies
- The prevention and management of injuries
- The coaching process, and how to be an effective coach in a Performance setting
- Application of key sport psychology strategies to holistically support your gymnasts
- Nutritional advice for gymnasts
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
- Learner must hold one of the following awards:
- Double Mini Trampoline - Club Coach AND Generic - Level 3 Coaching Theory
- TeamGym - High Performance Coach
- Trampolining - High Performance Coach
- Double Mini Trampoline - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach AND Generic - Level 3 Coaching Theory
- Trampolining - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach AND Double Mini Trampoline - Club Coach
- Trampolining - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach AND Double Mini Trampoline - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach
- Double Mini Trampoline - UKCC Level 3 Coach
- Double Mini Trampoline - Level 3 Coaching Theory AND Double Mini Trampoline - Add on Module
- Generic - Level 3 Coaching Theory AND Double Mini Trampoline - Add on Module
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible
Learners to select one skill from group A and one skill from group B, in addition to the compulsory skill (3 skills in total) and create a plan which develops all selected skills (15 minutes per skill). The plan must give details of the prerequisites of the skill, carefully selected progressions, and the specific physical training and preparation which would be needed by the gymnasts to perform the skill. The appropriate use of support and apparatus during the learning phases should also be indicated.
On the assessment day the learner must bring at least 1 gymnast who can do the full skill, (additional gymnasts can be brought to demonstrate progressions, supporting and competition passes) to the assessment, and their planning for all pre-selected skills. The learner must ensure the gymnasts are physically prepared to demonstrate the skills selected and planned for, and a copy of the session plans must be handed to the assessor at the start of the assessment.
In the assessment the learner must:
- Carry out a specific warm up with all gymnasts (10 minutes maximum)
- Coach the three skills in accordance to the pre-prepared session plans (45 minutes maximum)
- Demonstrate 2 competition passes, both passes to include a double somersault.
- Carry out an appropriate cool down for all the gymnasts (5 minutes maximum)
- Dismiss the gymnasts in an appropriate manner
The assessment debrief and outcome will be conducted after the practical assessment
Download this Skills Matrix
- 2 x Competition Passes (each pass must contain 1 double Salto)
- Front somersault with 1 and a half twists straight (Rudy)
- Front somersault with 2 and a half twists straight (Randy)
- Back somersault with full twist straight
- Back somersault with double twist straight
- Back somersault with triple twist straight
- Double back somersault tucked
- Double back somersault piked
- Double back somersault straight
- Double back half out straight
- Arabian double front tucked
- Arabian double front piked