East Midlands GymnasticsEast Midlands Gymnastics
Are you a coach, Gymnastics Activity Instructor, or volunteer interested in developing your knowledge working with individuals with a learning disability? If so, British Gymnastics have the below workshop available:
Inclusion Workshop: Learning Disability in Sport Workshop
This workshop has been developed between Mencap Sport and Special Olympics Great Britain to look at learning disability and sport. The workshop aims to help clubs, coaches and providers of sport understand how to support people with a learning disability to access sporting opportunities in an inclusive environment. The workshop covers the following:
• What a learning disability is.
• The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport.
• Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability.
• Different ways of including people with a learning disability in sport.
• How to promote sport to people with a learning disability
• Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport.
This course is only available to members from BG affiliated clubs, Leisure Centre’s, and Official Delivery Partners’ (over the age of 16years old).
Inclusion Workshop - Learning Disability In sport
21st June 2019
10:00 – 13:00
Brackley Leisure Centre, Springfield Way, Brackley, NN13 6JJ
Click here to book.