Team England has today announced that applications are now open for thenewly founded Sir John Hanson Young Talent Scholarship.
The £50,000 fund, made possible by a private donation, will provide financial support for five young athletes on their journey to Birmingham 2022 and beyond with the intent of supporting them fulfil their potential on the international stage. Distributed over the next three years, each bursary can be utilized in the best way deemed possible by the athlete, however it is anticipated that the grant will contribute towards the following:
• Travel to training camps and competitions
• Coaching and training support services
• Purchasing and replacing kit and equipment
• Individual costs in pursing qualification
In order to be eligible to apply for the grant, athletes must meet the following criteria:
• Nineteen years old or younger at the time of application deadline.
• Twenty two years old or younger for a para athletes at the time of application deadline.
• Represented England or Great Britain at Junior/international level in their current sport/a Commonwealth Games sport.
• Part of a current performance pathway and recognised by their National Governing Body.
• Received a supporting statement from their National Governing Body.
• Not in receipt of a UK Sport Athlete Performance Award (APA).
• Athletes will be able to apply through www.teamengland.org
• All applications must be submitted along with a supporting statement from the National Governing Body (Head Coach/Performance Director/Pathways Manager) to confirm they meet the criteria and their application is supported by the NGB
• Video applications will also be accepted.
• Applications will close at 23:59 on Sunday 28th April and the successful athletes will be confirmed in mid-June.
• The public announcement of the successful athletes will coincide with 3 years to go
• Following confirmation of the scholarship, Team England will enter into a grant agreement with the successful athletes.
• We will work closely with the athlete and relevant National Governing Body throughout the duration of the grant agreement to ensure that the individual continues to meet the grant eligibility criteria. This process will be conducted formally twice a year and we would ask for your supporting in helping to facilitate this.
For further information on the scholarship and to apply, visit www.teamengland.org/scholarship