We realise many have been patiently waiting for information regarding the England WAG Programme 2019-2020. Whilst we have also received a number of queries and although the programme is still a work in progress, we wanted to provide some updates for you. Please see below:
Michelle Guiseris Flemings has been appointed as lead England WAG coach for 2019-2020. Danusia Francis has agreed to take on the choreographer role for this year too.
We have now gone out to advert for two assistant coaches, which can be found under the ‘other careers’ section on the BG website. To apply please submit an expression of interest detailing your interest in the role and attributes that you can bring to the role along with a copy of your current CV to email@example.com by no later than 9am on Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.
A new selection policy is currently being worked on and will be added onto the EGA website once in place.
At present, we are waiting for the GBR squad selections to take place prior to making selections for the ENG WAG Programme. You may expect to receive selection letters for the ENG WAG Programme towards the middle/end of May 2019.
The dates of camps for 2019/2020 so far are:
• 8th-9th June 2019
• 20th-21st July 2019
• 21st – 22nd September 2019
• January 2020 (TBC)
Please be aware of the quick turnaround between selection letters sent out and the first expected camp to take place in early June. All camps are held at Loughborough and all gymnasts/coaches will be staying at The Link Hotel. Please note, if any dates change you will be notified ASAP.
• Rushmoor Rosebowl
• Slovenia (maybe)
• 4th Comp TBC
Changes to England WAG Programme
So that you are aware, we wanted to notify you of some of the changes taking place this year. Please see below:
• Upon selection, gymnasts will be awarded with a tracksuit only.
• Should a gymnast be selected for international competitions, gymnasts will be awarded with a short-sleeved competition leotard only. The lead coach will have certain kit requirements for all competitions and additional kit will be available to purchase, to meet such requirements.
• All gymnasts will have the option to purchase additional kit.
• All gymnasts are required to contribute £200 towards all competitions.
Should you wish to discuss any of the above further, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Shanahan on email or by calling 07841 917 161