The 12th EuroGym will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland
12th-16th July 2020
EUROGYM is one of the biggest gymnastics events specifically for young people. A non-competitive festival event, EUROGYM takes place every two years, the objective being to unite young European gymnasts, providing the opportunity for gymnasts to perform their team display routines on an international stage.
Performances, workshops and parties, EUROGYM is a huge social non-competitive event for young people where everyone is welcome.
EuroGym is specifically targeted and tailored for gymnasts age 12-18 years old. The minimum number for a team is 6 gymnasts and each team must have a minimum of 2 leaders. For teams with more than 24 gymnasts there should be 1 leader per 12 gymnasts.
Teams can register gymnasts aged 10 or 11 but these gymnasts cannot make up more than 10% of the team. 10% can also be older than 18 but no older than 20 years old. At the final registration a copy of the participant’s passport must be send to British Gymnastics for security and accreditation purposes.Who can register as a Participant?
Who can register as a participant:
• Gymnasts from the year they turn 12 throughout the year they are 18 (born in 2008 to 2002)
• 10% of the gymnasts in a group can be 10 and 11 years old (born in 2010 and 2009)
• 10% of the gymnasts in a group can be 19 and 20 years old (born in 2001 and 2000)
Only participants are allowed in workshops, gala performances and at the stages for city performances
- accreditations will be checked. Coaches may enter the stage for safety support when using equipment that requires this, like a trampette or tumbling/air track.Who can have an accreditation?
Who can have an accreditation:
• Participants per the definition above
• Group/Team leaders
• Head of DelegationCoaches may not take part on a performance as gymnasts.
Friends/Family are not allowed in the schools and will not get an accreditation.Insurance and Welfare
It is essential that all participants take out additional Travel Insurance which is stated to provide cover for Gymnastics activity. These arrangements can be made through the BG website within the insurance centre www.bg-insurance.org/
or from another provider. If another provider is used, please ensure that it provides medical cover for Gymnastics as BG will request this information on registration.
Legislation requires that when a club takes gymnasts under the age of 18 on a journey involving an overnight stay, the club must ensure that there is a designated trained person responsible for child protection on the trip. To be suitably trained, the person must hold a current BG DBS disclosure and a valid BG recognised Safeguarding qualification. Initial 3-hour face to face Safeguarding courses can be accessed locally, an annual refresher is then required for certification to remain valid. To adhere to CPSU child protection standards the designated person must not be related to or in a relationship with the coach attending the trip in any way. British Gymnastics do not recommend that the designated person is a key member of the coaching team.
All coaches and volunteers travelling with the team must have a current BG DBS disclosure in place.
All Teams attending Eurogym 2020 must be compliant with British Gymnastics Policies. In order to prepare for your trip successfully please thoroughly read the following policies which specifically relate to this type of event.
• Health, Safety & Welfare Guidance: Safe Trips
• Safeguarding Children: Safe Environment
These can be found on our website - www.british-gymnastics.org/safeguarding-and-compliance-policies
Participation card EUROGYM 2020
Fees : £410
- School accommodation and breakfast
- Meals (lunch and dinner)
- Transport in relation to the festival in Reykjavik 2020
- Entry to all ceremonies (opening - closing - gala)
- Participation in 2-4 workshops
- 2 performances
- PartiesFor EuroGym, Teams must arrive on Saturday 11th July and depart on Friday 17th July unless agreed with BG prior to event.
Gym For Life Challenge
• Groups arrival: Friday 10th July 2020
• Event: Saturday 11th July 2020
- If you take part in Eurogym: £80 in addition to £410
- School accommodation for one night (Friday)
- Meals on Saturday (breakfast - lunch - dinner)
- Participation in Gym For Life Challenge
Detailed information will be provided separately.
If you would like to take part in Gym for Life Challenge please inform us as soon as possible so we can organise relevant payments and collate the correct data for the LOC. If you can please register your interest for this to: [email protected]
£110 non-refundable deposit – to be paid by 31st October 2019
£150 non-refundable payment – to be paid by 31st January 2020
£150 non-refundable payment – to be paid by 31st March 2020
For more information please contact Kate Davies on:
0345 129 7129 ext. 2339[email protected]