A wide range of movable or fixed gymnastics equipment can be used to deliver Freestyle gymnastics. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice on equipment to suit your requirements.
British Gymnastics, in conjunction with Sport England, is pleased to provide affiliated clubs and partners with an opportunity to apply for funding to purchase equipment to deliver FreeG programme.
This equipment may be purchased from any appropriate gymnastics equipment supplier, please contact your local Facility Development Officer if further guidance is required (email@example.com).
A funding pool of £150,000 will be made available via a competitive application process that will involve the following key dates:-
- 2nd May 2016 - Application period opens
- 31st May 2016 - Application period ends
- June 2016 - Clubs informed of application outcome, Project portfolio agreed with Sport England
Applications must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for funding;
- Be submitted by an affiliated British Gymnastics club based in England or by an organisation entitled to receive public funding such as; sports clubs, voluntary or community organisations, local authority, education establishments (schools, colleges and universities), on behalf of a gymnastic club to purchase FreeG equipment.
- Have a project that can be installed and funded before 31st March 2017.
- Include confirmed partnership funding (ideally 50% of the total project cost) from at least one third party. We will not fund 100% projects and applicants should preferably source at least half of the total project costs from other non-Sport England funding streams.
- Clubs or Organisations must be BG affiliated and meet all associated membership criteria.
Hints for your Application
Applications must provide evidence that their project delivers against the priorities listed below. Projects must also show that they would make a significant and sustainable impact on gymnastics and must consider the length of the impact that their project will make.
Good applications will provide clear evidence of:
- A need and demand for Freestyle activities in the club or locality
- Increase in participation for over 11’s, specifying numbers of classes and projected increase in membership numbers.
- The partnership funding already in place or that can be secured
- A suitably trained Coaching workforce
- Identification of the equipment required and its benefit to delivery of the FreeG programme.
- A suitable space to use the equipment
- Involvement in Gymnastics networks (e.g. a group of gymnastics providers working together in the local community)
- A plan to make the equipment sustainable beyond the initial funding
- The ability to manage the Project and funding draw down process
For the length of the project the following is required:
- 6 monthly updates to the participation figures via GymNET until March 2018 to track membership numbers, to ensure that growth and retention of participants is taking place.
Click Here for the Application Form
Equipment Bursary Application Form
Please ensure you answer all sections of this form. Feel free to email further documentation to the address below to support your application. Please label any supporting paperwork with your club’s details and the question it relates to.
If you require further information or would like to discuss your application please contact:-
Tel: 07581 064980