The Tumbling Performance Pathway Programme has been designed with the following specific targets in mind:
- Increasing the number of gymnasts able to access FIG age group competition structure, thus strengthening the support base of the National Squad and GB teams.
- Developing coaches within clubs engaged with the programme so they can better support the long term development of their gymnasts.
- Increasing the number of clubs entering gymnasts in the British Championships
- Supporting the National Coaches in delivering training to the National Squads
- Supporting the National Coaches attending international competitions with GB teams.
What does it look like?
Creation of an additional two-tiered squad development programme directly underpinning the existing National Squad.
National Squad (LNSC)
Performance Pathway Tier One Squad (LNSC)
Performance Pathway Tier Two Squad ( Wakefield, Birmingham, Richmond, Andover)
|Age Group||National Squad||PP Tier 1 Squad||PP Tier 2 Squad (All 4 points below apply to each age group at 11-12, 13-14,15-16 and 17-21)|
|9-10||Trial LNSC - 19/20 March||Trial LNSC - 19/20 March||Trial LNSC - 19/20 March|
|11-12||FIG Gymnasts 1st to 6th||FIG Gymnasts 7th to 12th||1. Gymnasts from existing clubs running FIG age group training programmes who are not yet either in the National or Tier 1 squads but show potential to be successful FIG Gymnasts.|
|13-14||FIG Gymnasts 1st to 6th||FIG Gymnasts 7th to 12th||2. NDP gymnasts who are 'in age' from the top 4 levels of the NDP and who competed at the NDP National finals|
|15-16||FIG Gymnasts 1st to 6th||FIG Gymnasts 7th to 12th||3. Gymnasts who are 'in age' from the top 4 levels of the NDP and competed at the NDP Qualifying events but did not qualify for the finals.|
|17-21||N/A||FIG Gymnasts 1st to 6th||4. Gymnasts who are 'out of age' from the top 4 levels of the NDP and competed at the NDP National selection events or National Finals but show sufficent potential to progress to FIG|
|Seniors||FIG Gymnasts 1st to 6th||N/A||N/A|
Coach CPD Opportunities
- Performance Pathway National Coaching Symposium - January 2017
- Tier Two Camps open to personal coaches to attend
- Tier Two Camps open to coaches without selected gymnasts to attend
Should you have any questions regarding the Performance Pathway Programme, please contact any of the staff below:Kristof Willerton - Performance Pathway Coordinator - Email Kristof Willerton
Sarah Benson - Performance Pathway Development Manager - Email Sarah Benson