Looking ahead to 2021
In 2021 we want to continue to provide our members clubs the best possible support package. We will continue to be by your side, going the extra mile in what is anticipated to be another volatile year. We can only hope we can get events back up and running, but we can expect they will be in a different format, with many challenges and restrictions in place, and of course with a whole new costing model. We will invest in our clubs via our Platten Scholarship for Coaches and Judges, and in addition we will be offering hardship grants, as well as extending financial assistance to support the ongoing training of our Club Welfare Officer network. In these challenging times the London Gymnastics Board has decided the fastest impact London Gymnastics can make for our member clubs is to cancel next years 2021 Affiliation Fees with immediate effect, meaning no fees should be paid by clubs.
More details can be found below:
• The Regional Affiliation of a club is determined by club capacity.
• The Club is affiliated to the region, not individuals.
• The gymnasts and coaches are not affiliated individually to London Gymnastics.
• Clubs will be set into TIERS determined by their capacity.
• The London Gymnastics Management Committee will set the fees, per tier, based on the necessary operational income required to run the organisation
• There are three tiers set across the total number of clubs.
• Clubs will receive notification of the affiliation fee and the terms of payment each September for payment by the end of the following January
• The clubs may determine how they will generate the revenue to pay the annual affiliation
• New clubs in 2021 will pay not pay a fee for the first year, after which they will be set into the relevant band
• If you have any queries please contact the London Gymnastics Regional Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to affiliate to London Gymnastics please see the following documents:
Why Join London Gymnastics? Download the documents and see!
You can download the 2021 Application for Regional Affiliation V3 here
By affiliating your club to London Gymnastics your club can:
• Enter club members into any competitions, events or squads run by the Region subject to any relevant performance criteria
• Nominate individuals to Regional Committees and attend [and vote at] relevant regional meetings e.g. AGM after 2 years of continuous affiliation.
• Apply for any grants after they enter their second year of continuous affiliation.
• Nominate for awards
• Sign up to receive London Gymnastics monthly e-newsletter
• Receive information from the regional technical Committees based on the selections made inside the British Gymnastics GymNet portal
Rules and Procedures
• Clubs must be registered with British Gymnastics at the time of application to affiliate to the region.
• Coaches must be registered members of British Gymnastics and in good standing.
• Clubs that have not re-affiliated by the end of January will be temporarily suspended from membership of the region and be ineligible to enter competitions organised by any of the Regional Technical Committees, access reduced cost courses, training camps or any other regionally organised event. The club information will not be included on the London Gymnastics Website
• Clubs wishing to re-affiliate to London Gymnastics after any period of lapsed membership may be subject to a fine, to be decided by the Management Committee, which may be at least as much as the amount that would have been paid, had the club stayed in continuous membership of London Gymnastics.
• London Gymnastics has the right to refuse Affiliation of a Club if there are ongoing /outstanding complaints against that club
• London Gymnastics has the right to refuse affiliation, if we believe a club is not registering its gymnasts and coaches appropriately with British Gymnastics
• London Gymnastics will refuse to affiliate clubs who hold membership of both British Gymnastics and UK Gymnastics.
In the later part of this year London Gymnastics will publish its vision and goals through until 2022, and this is where affiliation monies will be focuse