We understand and share the disappointment of everyone involved and affected by this decision. Our principal concern is with the health and wellbeing of our gymnasts, their families, staff, volunteers, officials, coaches and supporters.
However, we are pleased to announce that the 2021 Festival will return to the Brentwood Centre, Doddinghurst Road, Brentwood CM15 9NN on
For information about the festival, please e-mail [email protected].
• A weekend of fun and enjoyment for gymnasts, their coaches, family and friends.
• Gymnastics displays that each last up to 10 minutes by teams from all over the country.
• The age range of the participating gymnasts are from 3 years to over 35 years young.
• The routines are all set to music and include any combination of skills from basic gymnastics through tumbling, vaulting, balances and dance.
• Teams represent various gymnastic disciplines including General Gymnastics, Artistic, Acrobatic Gymnastics, Aerobic Gymnastics, Tumbling, Vaulting, Rhythmic and Disability Gymnastics.
In 1990 at the Regional AGM, Barbara MacDuff was challenged by Mike Swallow, then the chairman of London Gymnastics, to stage a similar event in London to the festivals in Birmingham, Liverpool and Scotland.
From the very beginning the philosophy for the event was established; opportunity for all, enjoyment and being valued. this remains the same today.
So the first London Festival was organised and ran for one day at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre. Over the years the festival grew to a two day event.
The venue changed and in 1999 moved to Wembley Conference Centre. Hornchurch then hosted for a year, followed by three years at Goresbrook Leisure Centre in Barking. Finally, in 2004, the event came to rest at the Brentwood Centre, as a three day event, complete with a Friday Night Gala Performance.
The London Festival of Gymnastics is more than just gymnastics and dance - it is Theatre on a Sprung Floor and it proves that Gymnastics is Fun for ALL.