Women's Artistic Performance Pathway National Coaching Clinic
09th March 2016
WOMEN’S ARTISTIC PERFORMANCE PATHWAY NATIONAL COACHING CLINIC
As part of the new WAG Performance Pathway Clinic structure for 2016, I am delighted to inform you that we are holding our first ever National Performance Pathway Coaching Clinic, taking place at Lilleshall National Sports Centre – The home of British Gymnastics! This National Performance Pathway coaching clinic is an Advanced level clinic and will focus on Level 2 + 1 Compulsory routines and elements.
Coaches have the opportunity to attend both days with overnight accommodation included in the cost, and in addition we are offering a maximum of 10 places per day without accommodation should you wish to attend either day one or day two only. Please see more details below:
OPEN FOR ENROLMENT
Date: 16th-17th April, 2016
Time: Day one (Saturday 16th April) will focus on Level 2 compulsory routines and elements from 12pm-6pm. This will be followed by a Sport Science Education session from 7.30pm-9pm. Day two (Sunday 17th April) will focus on Level 1 compulsory routines and elements from 9am-3pm.
Venue: Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Cost: Full weekend - £85 for BG members.
Day one only (dinner & evening session included) - £35 for BG members.
Day two only - £25 for BG members.
Coaches: Women’s Artistic National Coach - Colin Still
Enrolment: Please see below all links to complete the enrolment and payment process:
Deadline: The deadline to complete the full enrolment process is by Friday 1st April, 2016. Confirmation letters will be sent out to all coaches after the deadline date which will include all necessary and relevant information regarding the Advanced Level National Performance Pathway Coaching Clinic.
Requirements: It is hoped that any of the coaches in attendance would have previous experience of working the skills from level 3, 2 & 1 or have attended one of the intermediate clinics, however, coaches of all levels are welcome to attend. Coaches/Clubs do not need to bring gymnasts as these will be provided as demonstrators for the day. Please bring your own equipment for note taking.
Clinic content: The National Performance Pathway coaching clinic will provide an in depth insight into the make-up of the level 2 and 1 Elite Compulsory routines. The weekend will consist of demonstrations of each element needed at both levels, key technical points, ideas on safe progressions to help build the skills and also physical preparation exercises to complement the learning process.
Below is a brief overview of some of the skills that will be covered however more information on routine construction, specific deductions and guidance can be found in the Elite Compulsory Routine Booklet available to download from the BG website:
- Vault: Tsukahara, Handspring front, Yurchenko and Kazamatsu variations
- Bars: Close bar elements with and without turn, giants with turn, invert giants, backwards and forwards single somersault dismount and double tuck backward dismount
- Beam: 3 element backwards acro series, forward, backward and sideways acro elements and series, advanced leaps and spins
- Floor: Double somersault preparation, twisting somersaults backwards and forwards along with rebound connections
- Range and conditioning: Individual break down of each element required
Entries are now OPEN!
If you would like to attend, please see information below on how to complete the enrolment and payment process to secure your place:
1) Please follow one of the links below which will direct you to the correct course page on the BG website:
2) Select ‘Online Enrolment- Click here’
3) Log in via your gymNET
4) Fill out the pre-course questionnaire, please make sure that emergency contact details are filled out correctly.
5) Then click on ‘Enrol on Course’ you may need to wait a few moments but will be directed to a confirmation screen:
6) In the top right corner select – proceed to payment and pay for the course online
7) Your place is only provisional until payment is made, if you miss the link to pay you can log back in and go to ‘GymNET’ and click ‘Shopping Basket’ the charge will be shown here and you can pay online
Places are on a first come first serve basis so be sure to book your place TODAY! If you have any questions or need any assistance with booking online, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We look forward to welcoming the future of British Gymnastics along to our first ever National Performance Pathway Coaching Clinic!