01st May 2018
London Gymnastics is extending the Platten Scholarship Grant applications to include Club Welfare Officers in affiliated London Gymnastics clubs.
London Gymnastics recognises that although the responsibility for safeguarding falls on everyone, a critical element in safeguarding is the designation of individuals who are responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Responding to safeguarding, child protection and poor practice concerns.
- Providing support and advice in the implementation of procedures that safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Assisting the club or event to be more child focused in its activities.
As result any new Welfare Officer or existing Welfare Officer, connected to a London Gymnastics affiliated club is eligible to apply for a Platten Scholarship Grant
towards the costs of qualifying or re-qualifying as a Welfare Officer on the Time to Listen
- Applications should be made on the Platten Scholarship form, http://bit.ly/2018-grants
- For new Welfare Officers: Application must be made after British Gymnastics Time to Listen course confirmation, and evidence of a safeguarding course.
- For existing Welfare officers: Applications must be made after British Gymnastics confirmation of Time to Listen course & E learning safeguarding course
- Applications will not be accepted after the start date of the course/s – no retrospective awards will be made
- Application forms must be completed in full before they will be accepted. Incomplete forms will be returned and grants will not be paid.
The next Time to Listen Course is on 10 June at Europa Gym Center.
It is important that you sign up for the course before the 10 May or the course will be cancelled if not full.
Follow these links to register http://bit.ly/TTL-Europa-am and http://bit.ly/TTL-Europa-pm