Cancellation of GfA Grades on 2nd May - London Gymnastics

London GymnasticsProviding the perfect balance of fun, passion and precision

London Gymnastics Menu

Cancellation of GfA Grades on 2nd May

Coronavirus Update

It is with regret that after much consideration London Gymnastics Management Board and the GfA Technical Committee have decided to cancel the upcoming GfA Grades competition at Crystal Palace on 2nd May.

In light of the increasing spread of Coronavirus in the UK and a movement to delay phase, it’s our opinion that’s it better to take decisive action now, than to wait and allow anxiety and uncertainty for our member clubs, parents, gymnasts and officials. Whilst the Government have given fresh advice today, we believe the risk is too great to wait for what might come next.

We of course also have to consider the significant costs we have to commit to in the running of these events, and at this stage our financial commitments can be secured, but that would not be the case in the weeks ahead.


For those clubs who have already made payment for entry, a refund will be paid at the earliest convenience. We will contact you via email to confirm bank details.

Unfortunately, we cannot refund the 3% entry payment transaction fee applied by the British Gymnastics payment provider as this is beyond our control. We are however working with BG to see if a refund can be issued from their payment provider.


The GfA committee will now look for a suitable alternative date when the competition can be run, and will communicate with clubs as soon as possible.
Those clubs who submitted entries for the GfA Grades event, but who have not completed/paid for their entry will now be considered void (e.g. you will need to re enter once the new event record is created inside GymNet).

At this stage the Regional Level event in June at Redbridge is still planned to go ahead, but we will continually monitor the situation. 

It goes without saying that most organisations are finally balancing their decisions on upcoming large scale events, and London Gymnastics are no different. We continue to review Government advice and work closely with our venue operators.

We are currently reviewing each event on a case by case basis with TC’s and will inform clubs as soon as possible if we need to cancel or postpone any further events. 

We are extra mindful of events which act as qualification to National Finals and are working with BG guidance on a way forward.

I hope you understand and support this decision, and can use this communication to explain the decision to your club members.

Best wishes

Ben Murphy
Chairman, London Gymnastics

London Gymnastics Sponsors

london sport1ZONELOGO2012LILACGLLGymnovaBullseye

London Gymnastics Menu