Access NI’s are a requirement in Northern Ireland for coaches and welfare officers in registered British Gymnastics Clubs. Below is the process that you will need to follow.
For updates on access NI’s, please see our circular page which can be found here.
Pin Notification and ID Validation Form
Access NI Guidance Notes and FAQs
Please be aware that all incomplete applications will be deleted after 90 days.
ACCESS NI – ID CHECKING PROCEDURES - COVID 19
In light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the need to reduce non-essential social contact, AccessNI has been reviewing their guidance and procedures on checking identity documentation.
AccessNI is content for you to introduce, as a temporary measure, the checking of ID documents using video link (eg Skype) or scanned documents on condition that
• The LS/CS has a copy of the ID documentation in front of them before they verify the documentation during a video link meeting.
• The copy ID documentation scanned or emailed to the Signatory is of a good, clear quality, and
• The applicant’s original documentation is verified and checked by a Manager on their 1st day of recruitment to ensure it matches the information on the scanned or emailed documentation used to process the AccessNI application.
The need to retain copies of ID documentation for 90 days remains.
The above change comes into immediate effect and will continue until such times as AccessNI deems otherwise.
We hope this is helpful and simplifies the process of ID checking during this difficult time.
Breakdown of Access NI Application
|1) Contact British Gymnastics on 0345 129 7129 for the current 6-digit PIN
• Never use a previously known PIN as this may no longer be in use and your application will be lost.
|2) Visit the NI Direct site and apply online for an Enhanced Check through a registered body. We are only able to accept Enhanced checks.
• Apply online for an enhanced check through a registered body | nidirect
|3) Complete the PIN Notification and ID Validation form. This must be validated by another person linked to your club such as the Welfare Officer or Head Coach, and they must not be related to yourself.
• PIN Notification and ID Validation form can be downloaded here.
|4) Contact British Gymnastics on 0345 129 7129 to arrange for appropriate payment option to be added to Gymnet, this can be allocated to the individual or the club. We are no longer able to accept cheques/postal orders as payment
• Fees are currently £15.00 for volunteers or £48.00 for paid applications
|5) Send completed PIN Notification and ID Validation form along with copies of the 3 IDs used to British Gymnastics – This can be sent via post or digitally.
• Address: Access NI, British Gymnastics, LNSC, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9AT or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|6) Once this is received it will be allocated to the counter signatory assigned to the PIN number you used and they will process the application. Applications cannot be processed unless paperwork and payment have both been received.|
|7) British Gymnastics will receive notification of your completed AccessNI
• If no content on certificate – this will automatically be updated to your membership
• If there is content on certificate– You will be contacted by the Safeguarding Team and will need to send your original certificate and supporting documents/statement to the Safeguarding Team (same address as above Safeguarding, British Gymnastics, LNSC, Newport, Shropshire TF10 9AT). We strongly recommend posting these recorded delivery, once your certificate has been processed by the team this will be returned to you Signed For delivery.