Gymnastics Northern Ireland in partnership with Commonwealth Games Northern Ireland (CGNI) are now seeking expressions of interest for gymnasts intending to compete at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The event will be held in venues across Birmingham and the West Midlands from 28th July to 8th August 2022.
For any gymnasts currently aiming towards competing at the event, please complete and return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for completion is: 23.59 hours on Monday 8th February 2021.
• GNI Commonwealth Games 2022 - Declaration of Intention to compete 2
• GNI Commonwealth Games 2022 - Gymnast profile
Please note late or incomplete forms will not be accepted.
The Gymnastics Northern Ireland Commonwealth Games Nomination Policies will be available shortly and will be based on the CGNI Selection Criteria (see below). The above forms should only be filled out if gymnasts can demonstrate working towards meeting the CGNI criteria:
The Commonwealth Games is a world class sporting event and athletes representing Northern Ireland will therefore be required to demonstrate their ability to perform at this level.
CGNI will select athletes based upon the following ranked criteria:
1. Potential Birmingham 2022 medallist
2. Potential top 8 position at Birmingham 2022
3. Developmental athlete, on an upwards trajectory within a national governing body performance system, with the potential to obtain a top 8 position at the 2026 Commonwealth Games
For any further queries, please contact the GNI Management Committee on email@example.com.