The XXII Commonwealth Games will be held in venues across Birmingham and the West Midlands from 28th July to 8th August 2022.
Gymnastics Northern Ireland in partnership with Commonwealth Games Northern Ireland (CGNI) are now seeking expressions of interest for gymnasts intending to compete at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The following three Selection Policies for MAG, WAG and Rhythmic have now been published to help ensure Northern Ireland send the best possible gymnasts to the event:
• pdf MAG Selection Policy (237 KB)
• pdf Rhythmic Selection Policy (234 KB)
• pdf WAG Selection Policy (234 KB)
• pdf Commonwealth Games Federation Byelaw 17 – Eligibility (95 KB)
The Gymnastics Northern Ireland Commonwealth Games Nomination Policies have been based on the CGNI Selection Criteria as stated below:
The Commonwealth Games is a world class sporting event and athletes representing Northern Ireland will therefore be required to demonstrate their ability to perform at this level.
CGNI will select athletes based upon the following ranked criteria:
1. Potential Birmingham 2022 medallist
2. Potential top 8 position at Birmingham 2022
3. Developmental athlete, on an upwards trajectory within a national governing body performance system, with the potential to obtain a top 8 position at the 2026 Commonwealth Games
For any further queries, please contact the GNI Management Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org.