GYMSHOP is the trading name of Gymnastic Enterprise Ltd (GEL) – a wholly owned subsidiary of British Gymnastics (BG)
- Is a GYMSHOP membership the same as a British Gymnastics membership?
No – GYMSHOP membership is for this online shop only. GYMSHOP registration means we’ll let you know of any special offers and new products available, and saves you having to input your billing and delivery details every time you order from us. BG Members can use their BG Membership number to place orders on the shop and do not need to create a GYMSHOP membership.
- How can we contact you?
You can reach our Customer Service Team by phone 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395.
By email: email@example.comOur Customer Service Office is open Monday to Thursday 09.00-17.00 and Friday 09.00-16.30. We are closed on Public Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.
Our Warehouse is open 08.30-16.00 Monday to Friday and is also closed on Public Holidays and between Christmas & New Year.
Placing an Order & Payment
- Can I call or email you to place an order with GYMSHOP?
No – all orders must be placed on line at www.british-gymnastics.org/shop.
- How quickly can you deliver?
- Express: your order will be despatched within 1-2 working days on a tracked courier service
- Standard: your order will be despatched within 3-4 working days on a tracked courier service
- Economy: your order will be despatched within 5-7 working days by Royal Mail and so no tracking is available on this service
- Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude Weekends and Public Holidays
Very Large Items or Orders : Larger pieces of equipment or for any order over 10kg, shipping costs will vary. Some items carry a fixed shipping cost which will be detailed in your shopping basket.
There may be delivery surcharges for the Highlands, Islands, Northern Ireland and congestion charges – the cost of your shipping will show on your order before you make payment.
The cut off time for Express deliveries is 14.00 – and Express orders placed on Friday before 14.00 will be delivered on the following Monday (or next working day if the Monday is a Public Holiday).
All items are subject to availability. Should, for any reason, an item not be available at the time we pick your order, we will contact you directly.
- Are items in my shopping basket reserved for me?
No – Items in your shopping basket are not reserved or allocated to you – they are only secured once payment has been made.
- Will I get email order & despatch confirmations when I place an order?
Your documentation will include:
- An email Order Confirmation once payment has been cleared. Please check to confirm you have ordered the correct items. If you have made a mistake please call our Customer Service Team on 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395. Please note that we cannot alter or stop an order once it has been despatched.
- An email Despatch Confirmation when your order has been despatched. If you opted for a courier service, you will then be able to track the delivery status of your order by using the tracking number provided to you.
- An email Invoice for your records.
- The item I want is Out of Stock – can I still order it?
Yes – click to join the Wait List for that product/size and you will receive an email notification when the item comes back into stock – you can then buy the item whilst stocks last.
- How do I pay for my Order?
Payment is taken when you confirm payment and submit your order. You can pay by Credit/Debit card. We accept VISA/MasterCard Credit & Debit Cards, Electron, Maestro – we do not accept payment through PayPal We will not retain any credit or debit card details on our system.
Your payment or any refunds will show on your statement as being processed through Gymnastic Enterprise Ltd.Please ensure your billing address is the address where your credit/debit card is registered – if not your payment may fail.
- Are there different Payment Options for Registered BG Clubs?
For British Gymnastics (BG) registered Clubs, Groups, Leisure Centres and Schools, you can also pay by invoice (subject to a successful credit facility application).
For more information on registering your Club, Group, Leisure Centre or School please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for a credit facility please contact email@example.com – a credit account can take 7-14 days to set up so please leave ample time for this to happen before placing your first order. Strict criteria apply to any credit application.
- I’ve made a mistake on my order – can I change or cancel an order?
Once you’ve confirmed your order, you cannot alter or cancel it online. You will need to contact us on 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395 Monday to Thursday 09.00-17.00 and Monday to Friday 09.00-16.30.If your order has been despatched we cannot retrieve it – it will be delivered to you and you will have to return it to us. Our Returns Policy is detailed on our website.
- Can I nominate a ‘Safe Place’ for deliveries to be left by the courier?
Yes – you can nominate a ‘safe place’ when you complete your delivery address/instructions when placing your order. However, please note that that the courier is under no obligation to leave a parcel in your nominated ‘safe place’. They will only leave items in your safe place if the access to it is safe and they feel it will be secure.
- I live outside the UK – can I buy from you?
Please call us on 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395 before placing an order for delivery outside the UK as delivery charges will vary. You would be responsible for any Customs or Import Duty due on any item purchased from us.
- My Order hasn’t arrived – what should I do?
Depending on the Postage & Packing service you chose, delivery should have been attempted within 1-7 working days of GYMSHOP despatching your order. Therefore, the first thing to do is:
- check that your order has been despatched – if it has you will have received the Despatch Confirmation email to the email address you registered with us (also check your Spam folder just in case your security settings have diverted it out of your In Box). You can also check the status of your order by accessing your Order History on your GYMSHOP log in.
- If it has been despatched and is beyond the expected delivery time then check to see if the Courier has left a ‘While You Were Out’ card and read it carefully on the front and the back – it will tell you where your items have been taken/left if they were too big to go through your letter box.
- If you nominated a ‘Safe Place’ on your order, check here and with your neighbours; also check with family members or colleagues as they may have signed for it without your knowledge.
- If you still can’t locate your order, what happens next depends on what service your chose:
- Economy (untracked) service: You will need to contact Royal Mail directly within 5 days of the expected delivery date to register your concerns, but they will not confirm an item is lost until 15 working days have passed from the expected delivery date. Full details of how to claim from the Royal Mail can be found at: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support . Unfortunately, as there is no tracking on this service, our team will not be able to locate it for you.
- Standard or Express Tracked Service: you can log into the courier website with your tracking reference to see where your order is – and if they need any more information you can contact them directly to rearrange delivery.
- My order has been damaged in the post – how do I make a claim?
If you believe your parcel has been damaged or tampered with, please photograph it in the original packaging before opening it as we will need these photographs as evidence to progress a claim against the courier. Please retain this packaging.Then call us as soon as possible on 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395 so that we can start an investigation on your behalf – claims need to be lodged with the courier within 1 working day of delivery.
We will not be able to replace any items until the courier has confirmed that there has been an issue with your delivery – and we may need you to complete a claim form wherein you confirm the details of the damage/missing items in writing.
Warranty & Returns
- Is there a warranty period on your items?
Warranty periods vary depending on the warranty offered by the manufacturer – this will be detailed on your order confirmation.
If an item is faulty within warranty, please call us on 0345 129 7129 ext. 2395 and we will help process your return. We will assess the item on return to confirm that it is a manufacturing fault and not wear and tear through general usage. If the item is confirmed as faulty it will be exchanged for you; if no longer available, the item will be refunded.
- Can I exchange an item or get a refund if it isn’t suitable?
Yes – provided it is returned to us within 10 days of delivery, and is in an as-new condition i.e. unused, marked or damaged in anyway. Clothing must be unworn, with tags & in original packaging.
- Who pays for returning items to GYMSHOP?
You are responsible for the cost of returning unsuitable items to GYMSHOP for refund or exchange. Your original Packing & Postage (P&P) charge will not be refunded – and you will be charged Standard shipping costs for the delivery of any replacement items.
- How do I return items to you?
Please complete the Returns Form that was included in your original package. If you do not have your original returns form, you can download a new one by going into your Account, opening your Order and reprinting the Returns Note. Please make sure you complete it with all your details, the product being returned, why it’s being returned and whether you would like a Refund or Exchange.
You can update your Online order to say that you are going to return an item to us – this helps speed things up as we know to expect your item/s back.
- Do I need to contact you before I send items back?
No – not unless the item is faulty within warranty. However, it does speed things up for us if you update your online order to say that the items are on their way back, and complete your returns form in full.
- How long do exchanges/refunds take to be processed?
From when we sign for your returned items (we recommend you use a tracked service as are not responsible for returns that are lost or damaged in transit) it will take 3-5 working days for us to process your return. This will increase to 5-7 days during peak times June, October and Christmas periods.
- I’m purchasing items for Christmas presents – can I return them after Christmas?
Yes – items purchased from 15th November as Christmas presents can be returned up to 14th January. All items must be in an as-new condition i.e. unused, marked or damaged in anyway. Clothing must be unworn, with tags & in original packaging.
- Are Event Tickets refundable?
No, Event Tickets are non-refundable so please take extra care when placing your order to make sure you have ordered the right quantity, day, ticket type and – where appropriate – session during the day.
- Do you have a Size Guide for clothing?
The sizes are detailed on each different product.
- What is ‘Chest Tolerance’
This is the term used to explain that no measurement can be 100% accurate to allow for cutting & finishing. In addition, many items have sizing range such as Men’s Medium might be cut for a 38”-40” chest but a Ladies Medium a 36”-38” chest.
- Do you know the dimensions of the large pieces of equipment?
The dimensions are all detailed on the individual product page. As these items can be very large, please call us before placing an order so we can confirm delivery costs and dates.
British Gymnastics Awards and Resources
For more information about British Gymnastics (BG), the programmes they run, and how to get involved in Gymnastics please go to www.british-gymnastics.org
- Who are British Gymnastics?
British Gymnastics are the UK National Governing Body for the sport of Gymnastics, dedicated to developing gymnasts, coaches and clubs across a range of disciplines.
- What is the relationship between GYMSHOP and British Gymnastics?
GYMSHOP is the trading name of Gymnastic Enterprise Ltd (GEL), a wholly owned subsidiary of British Gymnastics (BG). You’ll see Gymnastics Enterprise Ltd abbreviated to GEL in our Terms and Conditions, and you will be making payments to GEL – and, should you return anything to us, refunds will also show as being from GEL.
- What is the difference between a Resource and an Award?
Resources are the publications produced to support suitably qualified British Gymnastics Coaches & Teachers to deliver the British Gymnastics programmes – and we must stress that they are only to be used by BG qualified Coaches & Teachers. Awards are the Badges, Certificates and Medals young gymnasts earn as they successfully complete the different levels of each programme.
- Do you have to be a Member to buy BG Resource materials
You can buy the resources, but they MUST only be delivered by suitably qualified British Gymnastics Coaches & Teachers. Please go to the British Gymnastics website for more information www.british-gymnastics.org
- What is FUNdamentals?
This is a programme developed to be delivered by qualified Teachers & Coaches for very young children – using different themes such as ‘Seaside’ or ‘Healthy Eating’ to encourage learning in a fun and active environment.
- Who is the Pre-School suitable for?
Preschool is designed to for older toddlers and younger children. Delivered by suitably BG qualified Teachers & Coaches it helps young children develop core skills such as running, jumping, balance, swinging and rotation.
- What’s the difference between Core & Advanced Proficiency?
Core Proficiency is the programme developed for Primary School age children as an introduction to Gymnastics – and is a great way to build on the core skills of strength, balance and flexibility using basic gymnastic movements.
Advanced Proficiency is designed to follow on from the Core programme – and you can choose the areas of Gymnastics you would like to focus on such as Fitness, Floor, Vault, Apparatus, Pairs & Groups, Dance & Aerobics. For more information go to www.british-gymnastics.org
- Do you have resources for Trampolining, Rhythmic and Cheerleading?
Yes – search under Awards & Resources and then select the area you’re interested in. For more information go to www.british-gymnastics.org