Women's Artistic Performance Pathway Coaching Clinic
26th April 2016
As part of the new Women’s Artistic Performance Pathway Clinic series for 2016, I am delighted to inform you of the first clinic of the series taking place in the East Midlands region which will be an intermediate level clinic. Please see more details below:
OPEN FOR ENROLMENT
Date: Sunday 29th May 2016
Venue: Notts Gymnastics Academy
Coaches: Jemma Wilson
Please click here
to enrol. Enrolment closes on Friday 20th May 2016
Requirements: Coaches/Clubs do not need to bring gymnasts as these will be provided for the day. Coaches are required to bring their own lunch and refreshments as not all venues have this facility on site. Please bring your own equipment for note taking.
Video Cameras: Although we are more than happy for you to take some recordings at our pathway events, please note that any use of video cameras are purely for personal use only and should not be uploaded externally as it isn’t BG endorsed in any way.
It is hoped that candidates who sign up for this level of clinic will have either worked the Compulsory routines in the past or they may have taken up a place at one of our Introductory Clinics. This is advised as the clinic will look to briefly refresh the memory of certain level 4 elements with the main focus being on the acquisition of the new skills required for the Level 3 routines.
Below is a brief overview of some of the skills that will be covered during the session, more information on routine construction, specific deductions and guidance can be found in the Elite Compulsory Routine Booklet available to download from the BG website:
- Vault- Round off straight somersault (Yurchenko progression)
- Bars- Backward close bar elements, backward giants with ½ turn and backward straight somersault dismounts
- Beam- Lift to handstand straddled, forward walk over, flick to 2 feet, spin combinations, 3 leap and jump series and round off straight back dismount
- Floor- Backward somersault tucked, stretched and with ½ twist, handspring tucked front somersault, free walkover forward, horizontal leg spin combination, switch leap variations and full turning jumps
- Range and conditioning- Handstands, flexibility and specific strength elements needed for future progression along the pathway
The High Performance Coach will provide key technical information for each individual element alongside showing suitable and safe progression on how to build the elements. Specific physical preparation ideas will be shown throughout the event to compliment the progressions and in some instances, candidate participation will be available to learn how to handle/support the elements.
Entries are OPEN! If you would like to attend, please see information below on how to complete the enrolment and payment process to secure your place:
- Please click here and you will be directed to the course enrolment page
- Click ‘Enrol Now’
- Click 'Enrol'
- On the same screen the fee will be placed in the basket on the right
- Read the terms and conditions and tick the box to agree
- Click 'Continue to Payment' then follow the instructions
- Your place is confirmed once payment is made, if you fail to make payment you would have to start at step 1 again until this is complete.
Places are on a first come first serve basis so be sure to book your place TODAY! If you have any questions or need any assistance with booking online, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Fossheim.
Please also find the Women’s Artistic Performance Pathway Coaching Clinic series calendar for 2016