Taking place on the 19th and 20th January 2019, we are pleased to announce the speakers that will be in attendance at the new Performance Pathway Symposium for trampoline, tumbling and double mini trampoline (DMT).
Head National Coach for Trampoline, Tracy Whittaker-Smith will be in attendance and so will Louise Fawcett, Head of Performance Support for British Gymnastics at the English Institute of Sport amongst other key speakers.
This is an opportunity for coaches of all levels, from all over the country to come together, hear from several inspirational speakers and pick up new tips and ideas to take away.
Those in attendance can also look forward to:
- Exploring how coaches can use sports science to interact with gymnasts.
- Workshops and practical sessions from leading industry experts around strength and conditioning, nutrition and psychology.
- Evening coach networking event, followed by evening meal.
- After dinner guest speaker covering coaching, and how you can build the best network of people around you.
- Understand the latest generation of gymnasts and those around them.
- Who is the modern athlete and how do we best identify and interact with them?
- What makes this generation differ from others and how does this impact our work with them?
- How to maximise the network around a gymnast to stimulate their development.
The new British Gymnastics Performance Pathway Structure will also be communicated.
Full list of speakers
Tracy Whittaker-Smith - Head National Coach for Trampoline
Louise Fawcett - Head of Performance Support for British Gymnastics at the English Institute of Sport
Changing Minds - an organisation applying psychological knowledge and theory to Olympic sports
Dr Camilla Knight - founder of www.sportparent.eu and expert in sporting parents
Dr John Alder - Senior Performance Pathway scientist at English Institute of Sport
Matt Johns - Fieri Leadership and Development LLP