Yorkshire Gymnastics Association
Please check periodically to ensure you keep up to date with current vacancies.
Galtres Gymnastics Club (15th August 2017)
Galtres Gymnastics Club require a Level 1 General Gymnastics Coach.
Skills Required -
• Good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Good interpersonal skills - Ability to communicate effectively with gymnasts, parents and other members of staff
• Ability to understand the learning process and training principles
• Ability to motivate and assist gymnasts to develop new skills safely
• Knowledge of injury prevention - understanding how to reduce the risk of injury to gymnasts
• Good time management skills and punctuality
Role Purpose –
• To deliver the clubs recreational gymnastics programme to a high standard
Main Tasks –
1. To deliver the club’s coaching sessions to the level of your coaching qualification.
2. To do the necessary preparation and set up prior to the session and liaise with other coaches as needed.
3. To assist the Head Coach running sessions and following instructions.
4. To provide positive and fun sessions.
5. To act as a positive role model and lead by example. Demonstrate good coaching practice and provide motivation to all coaches and gymnasts.
6. Ensure that you abide by the gym rules at all times. Take the necessary action if there is a breach of the rules and notify the manager at the earliest possible opportunity.
7. To have a responsibility for the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
8. To notify the Management or Welfare Officers immediately of any incidents, referrals or disclosures or if this is not possible follow the Child Protection Policy guidelines.
9. To act in a responsible and appropriate manner at all times in accordance with the Club and British Gymnastics codes of conduct, ethics and best practice.
10. To fulfil the duty of care towards all participants and members of the club.
11. To help raise the standard of gymnastics at the club.
12. To actively promote the club where possible.
13. To ensure accurate registers of your sessions are kept.
14. To communicate effectively with parents regarding your gymnasts progress.
15. To deliver Award Schemes effectively, accurately and regularly.
Contact Will Smith on 01347 822472 / [email protected] for more details and to apply.
Ainsty Gymnastics and Trampoline Club
Gymnastics and/or Trampoline Coaches required for September 2016 onwards.
Part time Evenings and weekends.
Sports instructors required for holiday clubs. Possibly 2 weeks in summer 2016 and then most holidays after that.
All jobs advertised will be subject to an enhanced DBS check through British gymnastics.
Level 2 Gymnastics coaches £11-£13 per hour
Level 1 Gymnastics coaches £7.50-£9.50 per hour
Level 2 Trampoline coaches £11-£13 per hour
Level 1 Trampoline coaches £7.50-£9.50 per hour
All rates of pay are dependent on qualifications and experience.