37 hours per week
Based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Salary range £16,500 - £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
+ contributory pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
The overall purpose of this role is to accurately and efficiently support and review the financial transactions for any department where a requirement is identified; maintain accurate records and ensure compliance with financial regulations; and to undertake designated projects for the development of effective and efficient financial processes across the departments identified as part of improvements projects.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Checking and reviewing financial transactions and reports, amending where necessary before final review by budget holder
- Handling internal queries in relation to transactions and systems/processes
- Checking adherence to financial regulations and accounting procedures.
- Supporting users on eBIS project code enquiries and providing assistance to use reporting tools
- Proactively planning monthly timetable of work with designated budget holders for monitoring commitments, expenditure and income.
- Reviewing Purchase Order commitments and making necessary amendments for each department
- Communicating, training and supporting colleagues and system users in relation to system and process developments e.g. eBIS.
- Click here for further information about the role.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Intermediate Excel skills and an understanding of Windows based accounting software, good numeracy and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with budget holders, colleagues, suppliers and customers whilst maintaining a level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of business activities, suppliers, customers, BG financial regulations, accounting procedures/systems, budgets/cost centres and VAT rates.
- Knowledge, understanding and prior experience of finance processes
- Accuracy, attention to detail, confidentiality, good numeracy and analytical skills
Click here for further information about working for British Gymnastics
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 21st January 2019
Interview date: 5th February 2019