Based from Lilleshall National Sports Centre
We are looking for a Communications Manager to help us continue to develop and expand British Gymnastics’ communications capability, and support in the delivery of customer value. The maternity cover will be for approximately 9 months with a scope to be extended to 12 months.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Use of communication, PR and content strategies to help drive engagement, satisfaction and advocacy within key audience groups (such as gymnasts, parents, clubs and coaches)
- Work at a strategic level to plan campaigns and be an advisor to the rest of the organisation on communications requirements
- Responsible for the management of the department communications plan and calendar
- Recommend how the plan is integrated with video content function and support delivery
- The go-to person in the department re: scheduling and recommending best practice and optimum timings in light over the plan
- Responsible for analytics within the communications function
- Ensure GDPR process is embedded and managed
- Further details about the role can be found pdf here (108 KB)
The ideal individual will be able to demonstrate skills and experience for:
- Developing and implementing communications strategies and sophisticated communications plans
- Effectively supporting a business in improving internal and external communications
- Utilising relevant software and analytics tools
- Understanding and optimising media relations and activities
- Project and budget management.
- Experience of managing a team and responsible for team planning, signoffs, coaching and development
- Crisis management experience desirable
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 20th October 2019
Interview date: Monday, 28th October 2019
Shropshire Rural Communities Charity’s Wheels2Work scheme offers scooter and electric bike loans to people who need support travelling to work. If you’re interested in applying for a role a British Gymnastics but don’t currently have access to a car, you may be able to hire a Wheels2Work scooter or electric bike for up to six months, giving you the time to make longer-term arrangements.