Who is this Aimed at:
Level 3 (or equivalent) coaches who are supporting gymnasts working towards more advanced competitions.
What To Expect:
This course is a practical and theoretical course. It focuses on the technical aspects of the syllabus skills, how to support progress and how to physically prepare participants for the skills covered within the syllabus. It also explores the underpinning scientific theories and concepts which can be applied to the gymnast’s training and competition environment.
The course is delivered by multiple sessions in both the classroom and gym.
The number of course days will vary from course to course; see application stage and course page for further details.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
You should be able to bring at least one gymnast who (as a minimum) is working towards the skills in the syllabus.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
A formal mentor is not required however we suggest you have a network of people who you can learn from as good practice in your Continued Professional Development.
What Resources Are Included:
You will receive Common Core and Sport Specific resource packs, and a Logbook.
This can be found on the specific course page when you move to enrolment.
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- Technical skills from the syllabus
- The discipline’s competition structure and the requirements involved at various competitive levels
- Different Strength and Conditioning concepts relevant to the age and stage of maturation a gymnast goes through
- Practical Strength and Conditioning strategies
- The prevention and management of injuries
- The coaching process, and how to be an effective coach in a Performance setting
- Application of key sport psychology strategies to holistically support your gymnasts
- Nutritional advice for gymnasts
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
- Learner must hold one of the following awards:
- Womens Artistic - Class 3
- Womens Artistic - Club Coach
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach
- Womens Artistic - UKCC Level 3 Coach
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Coach Cycle 6
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Coach
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible
- Practical – including planning and delivering a practical session including the skills from the skills matrix.
- Theory – including sport specific and common core written papers (1 ½ hours per paper).
- Logbook – including a range of tasks relating to both practical and theory aspects of the course.
Acro only: learners are required to bring the current Code of Points with them to the assessment for the Sports Specific theory paper.
How Long Until I Am Fully Qualified:
- On sign-off of the course assessments you will receive a British Gymnastics Senior Club Coach certificate and be eligible to coach the skills covered within the syllabus.
When Is My Assessment:
- You have up to 2 years from day 1 of the course to arrange and complete your assessment.
Download the relevant sample paper for this qualification below.