Who is this Aimed at:
Level 3 coaches that are supporting participants working towards more advanced competition.
What To Expect:
A practical and theoretical course focusing on the technical aspects, how to support progress, and how to physically prepare participants for the skills covered within the syllabus. This course also explores the underpinning scientific theories and concepts which can be applied to the participant's training and competition environment.
Practical and classroom based.
In some courses content may be delivered via virtual classroom.
The number of days will vary from course to course; see application stage for further details
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
The requirement to provide participants will be specified upon registration.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
A formal mentor is not required however we suggest you have a network of people who you can learn from as good practice in your Continued Professional Development.
What Resources Are Included:
Logbook, discipline specific resource pack and common core resource pack.
By the end of the course learners will understand:
- Technical skills from the syllabus
- The discipline’s competition structure and the requirements involved at various competitive levels
- Different Strength and Conditioning concepts relevant to the age and stage of maturation a gymnast goes through
- Practical Strength and Conditioning strategies
- The prevention and management of injuries
- The coaching process, and how to be an effective coach in a Performance setting
- Application of key sport psychology strategies to holistically support your gymnasts
- Nutritional advice for gymnasts
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
- Learner must hold one of the following awards:
- Womens Artistic - Class 3
- Womens Artistic - Club Coach
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics - Club Coach
- Womens Artistic - UKCC Level 3 Coach
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Coach Cycle 6
- Womens Artistic - Level 3 Coach
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible
Download the relevant sample paper for this qualification below.