Who is this Aimed at:
Floor and vault – level 1 judges who wish to further develop their judging knowledge and skills.
Learners must be at least 15 on the day of the course.
What To Expect:
An informative course focused on judging and the many aspects of the role. This course also goes through the basics of judging such as scorings, symbols and what you are looking for as the ‘ideal’ model of basic skills performed by participants.
One day- classroom based.
Do I Need To Bring Participants:
No participants are required.
Do I Need To Find A Mentor:
No mentor is required for this course.
What Resources Are Included:
Course specific resource pack.
£55 for both BG members and non-BG members
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify what a judge is and what they do
- Demonstrate how to judge a floor and vault performance
- Recognise what the judging elements and penalties are for each performance type
- Practical – including observing participants within their floor and vault performances.
- Theory – including a multiple choice assessment paper.
How Long Until I Am Fully Qualified:
- On completion of both the practical and theory assessments.
When Is My Assessment:
PLEASE NOTE: From time to time the FIG can change the COP throughout the cycle in each discipline. Should this happen between the course and a learners assessment or re-assessment, learners will be required to sit the assessment under the new COP. Should this happen and a learner has any concerns regarding the changes then they must contact the course organiser prior to the assessment.