Who is this Aimed at:
18 years and above.
This online refresher can only be attended if a previous face to face course has been attended. The award is appropriate for members who are over 18 with a face to face safeguarding award.
*NB: If you pass your Level 2 coaching award you must ensure you attend a recognised face to face Safeguarding course before you use your coaching award.
What To Expect:
You will revisit, update and refresh your knowledge of safeguarding and child protection. Specifically what signs to recognise that could be indicators that a child is at risk of harm, and how to respond and who you should approach to communicate any concerns you have.
Approx. 90 mins
You will look at:
- The differences between safeguarding and child protection.
- The current legislation and good practices that apply to working with children.
- How to recognise concerns and signs of abuse.
- The benefits and risks of digital communications.
- Decision making and process for reporting concerns.
How Will I Be Assessed:
Certification on successful completion of the online quiz.
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
- Learner must hold one of the following awards:
- Safeguarding - Child Protection Other
- Safeguarding - N/I Child Protection
- Safeguarding - UK Coaching
- Safeguarding - UK Coaching Online Safeguarding
- Safeguarding - N/I Online Safeguarding
- Safeguarding - Online safeguarding refresher (released 2019)
- Safeguarding - UK Coaching Virtual Safeguarding Workshop
- Safeguarding - Child Protection Other - Virtual Safeguarding Workshop
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible
When Is My Assessment:
At the end of the online course.