Who is this Aimed at:
Existing Cycle 14 judges, whether you are stepping up from Club or requalifying at Regional in the new cycle.
What To Expect:
The course introduces Difficulty evaluation (D Jury), highlights the 2022- 2024 FIG Code of Points, and clarifies key rules and regulations, along with providing plenty of example video clips for judging practise.
This course is currently delivered face-to-face and virtually.
The tutor-led virtual course is delivered over five sessions. You must attend all sessions in full.
You must also attend a live virtual assessment. You will submit assessment scores via an online form whilst viewing assessment material, therefore you must have access to either:
- a laptop or PC with two screens, or
a laptop or PC and an additional mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
This course is currently delivered via:
A tutor-led, face-to-face course &
A tutor-led, virtual course
The virtual course consists of five virtual tutor-led sessions including a live virtual assessment. There will be approximately two weeks between the course dates and assessment date to allow you to practise and reflect on the course material.
Face-to-face: 2 and ½ days (including the assessment).
Session 1 – 3 hours
Session 2 – 3 hours
Session 3 – 3 hours
Session 4 – 3 hours
Session 5 – Assessment approximately 2 hours.
What Resources Are Included:
You will be able to download presentation slide notes to assist you in the completion of the course. You will also have access to the example videos from the course in the learner Academy area for further off course practise.
On successful completion of the examination you will be qualified to judge E Jury and D Jury for Floor & Vault, and E Jury for all other apparatus at Regional events.
How Will I Be Assessed:
You will be assessed by completing a practical judging exam. The assessment consists of:
- Judging routines from all six apparatus on E-Jury evaluation.
- Judging Floor routines on D- jury evaluation.
£145 Face-to-face course
£120 Virtual course
You must be at least 18 years of age to complete this course.
You must also hold either Cycle 13 or 14 Club or Regional qualification.
If you do not meet the pre-requisites but would like to apply to be fast-tracked please contact the TC Chair James May: email@example.com
Learner must be at least 18 years old on the first day of the course
- Learner must hold one of the following awards:
- Mens Artistic - Regional Judge - Cycle 13
- Mens Artistic - National Judge Cycle 13
- Mens Artistic - Club Judge - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - Regional Judge - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - National Judge - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - National Judge Revalidation - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - Regional Judge Revalidation - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - Club Judge Revalidation - Cycle 14
- Mens Artistic - Club Judge (2022-2024) Men's Artistic
Am I eligible
Login to find out if you're eligible
You will complete a Practical assessment on day 3 (face-to-face delivery) or session 5 of the course (virtual delivery) which will take place in a live virtual classroom.
Advice on sitting your assessment:
- You must ensure you have the appropriate equipment and internet connection (WiFi).
- You must ensure you are able to sit your assessment in an environment free from distraction. We do not recommend being in a public space.
- You should not sit your assessment in the same room as other judges who are also sitting the assessment
- There should not be anyone present who could distract or influence your scores.
You will be required to submit your assessment scores via an online form whilst viewing assessment material, therefore you must have access to either:
- a laptop or PC with two screens, or
- a laptop or PC and an additional mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.