When you register as a British Gymnastics member or renew your membership (or you register or renew on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we need to collect information about you. Some of this information is essential for us to provide your membership but it is your choice whether you provide all the information we have requested. Not providing information may affect our ability to provide all the benefits of membership to you.
- Your name (and the name of the member if they are under 16) and preferred title.
- Date of birth and gender.
- Contact details (telephone, email and postal address).
- Confirmation of the role(s) you undertake in the sport e.g. parent, gymnast, coach, judge, club manager and welfare officer.
- Whether you are a competitive gymnast and, if yes which home country you represent.
- Payment and transactional information (if you are paying for your own membership). We do not store any credit/debit card details.
- Name of club to which you wish to be attached (if this is required).
- The nature of your participation in the sport. This includes the number of hours and days you spend participating in the sport and the type of gymnastics in which you/your child participate/s.
- Your equality profile (or your child’s profile if you are registering on their behalf).
We invite you to confirm sex, whether there is a difference between gender identity and sex assigned at birth, disability, ethnicity/race, religion/belief and sexual orientation (over 16 years of age only).
- IP address and other electronic identifiers.
Your account is web-based so when you log in, the system keeps a record of your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique set of numbers that identifies one or more devices on a computer network), browser identifier and the time of access.
We may also collect the following other information about you:
- Records of communications from, to or relating to you.
- Accident or incident reports.
- Details of gymnastics qualifications/awards you hold, training you have completed and workforce licence records.
- Details of criminal record checks (if required based on your role).