British Gymnastics is looking to appoint presenters (both on screen and front of house) to form part of our live event production team. Roles of this nature are the perfect way for budding TV professionals and experienced presenters to get involved with sports production and live events.
There are two roles on offer including:-
The Front of House Presenter
Previous front of house presenters for British Gymnastics have gone on to work at World Championships and Olympics Games. This role is integral to the production team and we are looking for male and female presenters with experience, flair and confidence. The role involves:
· Presenting live for crowds ranging from 200 to 15,000 people at gymnastics events
· Showcalling, Sport Presentation, Pieces to Camera and Gymnast Announcements
· Conducting live interviews with high profile sports stars and coaches
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience of presenting front of house at events
· Experience in participating in an event in a high pressured and ever changing environment
· The ability to improvise and provide ad-hoc commentary when required
· The ability to take direction from the production team during a live event
The On-Screen Presenter
The on-screen presenter holds a key position within the live production team. Anchoring the production and providing the vital link between live coverage, front of house presenter and commentators, this role provides the best seat in the house.
Get great exposure of your work, with up to 200,000 hits on YouTube each month and syndication through broadcast networks. This role will involve
· Presenting BGtv’s live coverage of British and International Gymnastics events
· Presenting exciting features and VT packages
· Developing ideas and concepts for BGtv projects
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience of presenting on camera (with a script and improvisation)
· An approachable and friendly demeanor
· A confident and independent approach to work
· The ability to take direction from the production team
Both roles will involve travelling to different locations around the UK, therefore it would be advantageous to have a UK Driving License and own a reliable vehicle. The roles will also include weekend and evening work to provide live event coverage and work within tight production schedules.
With great rates and expenses paid on an event by event basis, you can also expect:
· The chance to work with some of the world’s best gymnasts, including Commonwealth, European, World and Olympic medallists.
· Recognition within a vibrant and growing sport
· Opportunities to grow the role for the right candidate
If you are looking to get a foothold in live events and sports production and work as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team, send an email to [email protected] outlining your experience and what skills you would bring to our team. Be sure to include your CV and a link to your show reel of recent work
Closing date for applications: 5th October 2012
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 15th October and will be given details of the interview process
Coming soon we also have an exciting opportunity for young, up and coming presenters. Stay tuned more news to follow shortly.