British Gymnastics are searching for two enthusiastic gymnastics representatives to join the National Youth Sport Forum, created by the Youth Sport Trust.
This is a great opportunity for a Young Leader, Leadership Academy Captain, or a young gymnastics coach to help shape the future of sport and sport education. The Forum is an action coming from the School Sport & Activity Action Plan which is English centric; therefore, representatives should be based in England.
As part of the Forum, you will be in a collective group consisting of young people from a range of National Governing Bodies aged 16-24. You’ll help to influence the future direction and policy of School Sport and Activity.
As a member of the sport sector, British Gymnastics have been given the opportunity to select 1-2 young people to represent the organisation on the Forum. Below is all the information you need, including what the role would involve, what you will gain from it and the skills and qualities needed to help support the role.
Applications are now open. To request an application form or if you have any questions, please email [email protected]. Applications close on 28th August.
As an applicant, you’ll need to make sure you are available for a virtual chat on the 2nd or 3rd September for consideration.
What you will gain from this opportunity
By becoming a representative on the National Youth Sport Forum, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have an opportunity to access a unique personal development opportunity whilst establishing a professional network to support you in the future
- Represent the voice of young people from within your organisation
- Influence the future direction and policy of school sport and activity
- Opportunity to represent their sport/organisation at a national level
We are looking for passionate young leaders who have executed their role within their organisation to an exceptional standard and who are able to meet the following criteria:
- Is passionate about the future direction of sport in education policy
- Has knowledge of the School Sport Activity Action Plan
- Has the confidence to contribute during Sport Forum sessions
- Is able to challenge thinking in a respectful and professional manner
- Can think creatively and generate new ideas
- Can represent the views of young people within your organisation and will be dedicated to ensuring channels are in place for which to gather those views
- Has a positive approach to developing their own skill set to aid contribution to the Forum.
Youth Sport Forum Members will be required to:
- Attend one Sport Forum Meeting per year (2020 meeting via zoom on 21st September at 5pm)
- Engage in at least one working group which will require a minimum of 3 additional connect points across the year (virtually)
- Ensure collaboration and proactive engagement across the sector and government
- Provide recommendations to improve the quality of school sport and activity
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the School Sport Activity Action Plan and objectives
- Be willing to represent your organisation at a national level
- Empower young people in wider networks and local communities